C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
CYBERPUNK 2077 - Lifepaths Gameplay Trailer

CD Projeckt Red devs explain the three life paths you can play in Cyberpunk 2077: Street Kid, Nomad, and Corpo.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 Lore Johnny Silverhand's Rise To Fame

Everyone in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 knows the name Johnny Silverhand. He's a veteran, a rockerboy and, above all, a revolutionary. In an inspired stroke of casting, he's also being portrayed by Keanu Reeves in CD Projekt Red's upcoming first person RPG. In preparation for its November release, we're going to look back at the origins and history of this key character so you'll fully understand his role when you begin your adventure in Night City.

Cyberpunk 2077: Behind The Music with Refused

Go behind the scenes with Refused, the real life band behind Johnny Silverhand's in-game band, Samurai.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Guns Explained: Power, Tech, and Smart Weapons

Cyberpunk 2077 devs breakdown the three primary types of firearm: power, tech, and smart.

Cyberpunk 2077 – A Like Supreme by SAMURAI

Cyberpunk 2077 — The Ballad of Buck Ravers by SAMURAI

FULL Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode #2

Check out the complete second episode of Cyberpunk 2077's Night City Wire featuring life paths and guns, and Resused, the band behind Johnny Silverhand.

So, Is ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Going To Be Delayed Out Of 2020 Or Not - Forbes
The recent delay of Halo Infinite should start making everyone nervous that their favorite big fall releases may…not make it out this year after all. But which will survive, and which will be pushed?

Usually by mid-August, the board is pretty much set. But we are still in the midst of the COVID pandemic, which has forced many developers to switch to making games mostly from home, which complicates already complicated projects, and so delays, standard in the AAA games industry, and now more likely than ever. And if Halo Infinite can be delayed, which was quite literally tied to the launch of the Xbox Series X, anything is fair game.

One game that is on my mind constantly these days is Cyberpunk 2077. This year alone it was delayed from an April release to September, and then September to November. Is this it? Is that the last one? Or are we in for more heartbreak in the coming weeks?
Official Cyberpunk 2077 poll reveals most popular lifepath so far - Gamesradar
All three lifepaths seem like fun choices, so it's no surprise the public is split somewhat evenly on them. The poll is six hours old and has 113,000 votes at the time of this writing, and here's where things stand: Street kid holds the lead at 37%, Nomad's in the middle with 33% of the votes, and corpo is the least popular choice - but it's still getting just about 30% of the votes. There's still two days left before the poll closes and the winning lifepath is decided, so corpo diehards still have some time to turn the tables.

Official Cyberpunk 2077 poll reveals most popular lifepath so far - Gamesradar

All three lifepaths seem like fun choices, so it's no surprise the public is split somewhat evenly on them. The poll is six hours old and has 113,000 votes at the time of this writing, and here's where things stand: Street kid holds the lead at 37%, Nomad's in the middle with 33% of the votes, and corpo is the least popular choice - but it's still getting just about 30% of the votes. There's still two days left before the poll closes and the winning lifepath is decided, so corpo diehards still have some time to turn the tables.

"Most popular lifepath" here is a force of expression. 100% divided by 3 equals 33,33%, thus putting all lifepaths within a tight 10% margin one from another. There is no clear, absolute "winner" here.

I haven't pre-ordered CP2077 yet, but if you ask me today I'd be choosing between either Corporation guy or Nomad, with a slight preference towards Corp.

Last edited:
"The recent delay of Halo Infinite should start making everyone nervous that their favorite big fall releases may…not make it out this year after all."

This is completely nonsensical.

Alert…Alert…someone stop that damn alarm.:mad:

Anyway looks like someone didn't read the article as he gives two opinions.

While I have been 50/50 in thinking Cyberpunk may be hit with another delay, I am starting to lean more toward the idea that yes, it’s actually going to be ready and released November 19.

Why? Well for starters, unlike Halo’s recent debut footage, it does not look unfinished or underwhelming in any way. Everything shown, if that’s how the game really looks and plays, seems to indicate it’s firing on all cylinders. There is no “eh I don’t know if that’s fully baked yet” narrative here whatsoever from these early previews.

Also there have been…early previews. Influencers and journalists have gotten their hands on a meaty section of the game as an early test, and pretty much all came away with positive impressions. I didn’t see anything resembling “well it might need some more time in the oven” in those previews, and the fact that CDPR is confident showing that off, and continuing to do these substantive Night City shows in the lead up to release seems to indicate that all systems are go for launch three months. Halo, meanwhile, could barely squeak out eight minutes of campaign footage last month.

Finally, back in the April to September delay, CDPR said that the game was “in a complete form” and the delay was being put in place mainly just for polish, so it doesn’t seem like anyone is scrambling to finish the game here, just refine it. That said, the same interview also had CDPR feeling “comfortable” about the September release date and that further delays were unlikely. And yet it was delayed again.

I think it might just do it. Cyberpunk seems ready, the more and more I see from it, and the more I’m observing CDPR’s positioning as we head into this final stretch. Never say never, especially in the current market, but I am feeling at least somewhat okay assuming it might actually make this promised date, overall.

"Most popular lifepath" here is a force of expression. 100% divided by 3 equals 33,33%, thus putting all lifepaths within a tight 10% margin one from another. There is no clear, absolute "winner" here.

I haven't pre-ordered CP2077 yet, but if you ask me today I'd be choosing between either Corporation guy or Nomad, with a slight preference towards Corp.

Polls not over yet but remember in polls if one option is even a .1% percent more that option is the winner. As for me I'll play corporate first as it fits the setting better.

Then I'll try the other two origins after that as I foresee me playing this multiple times.

(...)remember in polls if one option is even a .1% percent more that option is the winner.

Of course I know this, Couch. That's why I used the expression absolute "winner", with the word winner in quotes. I don't believe we'll have a lifepath way ahead of the others in that poll, so people are kinda roughly divided on what they'll choose.

Cyberpunk 2077 Community Chat Senior Quest Designer - Miles Tost

-THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL INTERVIEW- Just a Community Discord chat with the Developers :)

00:00 - Will the story always justify why doors are blocked?
01:34 - What room required the most iteration to get just right?
03:56 - Level Designers own Quests in Cyberpunk (vs Locations in The Witcher)
06:37 - Has there been anything who's positive reception made you happy?
10:13 - Are there areas where weapons aren't allowed?
11:45 - Do we know who the glitchy mask guys are?
12:13 - Who is Takemura?
12:46 - Which district is the most open in terms of buildings?
13:43 - How do you recommend getting into level design and working for a company like CDPR?
16:03 - Cyberpunk cookbook?
18:01 - How many weapons per class (power, tech, smart, etc…)?
19:52 - How far can you customise yer… uh… willy?
22:04 - Does the fact that you can't experience this game like other people would change how you feel about it?
24:51 - Winding down

Cyberpunk 2077 Weapons Interview with Pawel Kapala - VG 24/7
In the second episode of the publisher’s Night City Wire video series, members of the development team took a deep dive into several aspects of the game, including weapons and combat. Following on from our chat about all things narrative and story last time around, we again had a chance to take things even deeper, sitting down with senior gameplay designer Pawel Kapala, also a Witcher 3 veteran at the studio, to talk all things weapons.

Below you find the full, lengthy transcript. We cover everything from ongoing improvements to melee and how players will get their hands on legendary weapons as quest rewards to weapon mods, character progression with firearms and that nebulous but vital concept of ‘gun feel’. Read on, Samurai.

I hope the answer he gave to that first question about blocked doors is "No, it's a full sized city and the game didn't take 100 years to make. Go walk around the entirety of the city you you live in and imagine all those places being individually created in a game."

Alert…Alert…someone stop that damn alarm.:mad:

Anyway looks like someone didn't read the article as he gives two opinions.

I didn't even address his opinion, which is just pointless speculation. The logic of saying a delay of one game by one developer in any way affects what an entirely different devloper making an entirely separate game does is what I was calling nonsensical. I didn't need to read anything else to make that judgment. I did scan it and he actually made it worse with his "if a game tied to the launch of the new Xbox can be delayed, anything can happen to any game", which is similarly bereft of logic.

Frankly all I care about was his point that the game can still get another delay it's not impossible. They once delayed Witcher III during it's pre-launch PR campaign.

Bottom-line we don't know it's 50/50 as the article points out.

No offence my friend but stop being so nit-picky about everything.:)

The Rise Of Arasaka, The Corporation That Wants To Rule The World

Arasaka is one of the most important mega-corporations in the story of Cyberpunk and is set to play a major role in the upcoming video game. Learn everything you need to know about the Japanese company that secretly wants to rule the world.

Back
Top Bottom