KotOR on Switch (Aspyr) Review @ RPG Fan - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » KotOR on Switch (Aspyr) Review @ RPG Fan

Default KotOR on Switch (Aspyr) Review @ RPG Fan

May 19th, 2022, 03:07
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
There still is no non-action adventure game out there …
I believe it now that people just did an equation of "Star Wars = Action" ( and the last 3 movies greatly show that ! ) and thus did only produce action games according to that.
According to that, KOTOR is merely a fluke.
Well if LucasArts can make TWO excellent adventure games based on Indiana Jones (and a bunch of crappy ones) I am sure someone should be able to do one for Star Wars. Maybe just a lack of vision. I have a feeling it is just a matter of time though.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

May 19th, 2022, 03:19
At the current climate it looks like the Star Wars IP is being sold to multiple studios after EA failed to make anything good. So never say never its just a matter of time.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
+1:

May 19th, 2022, 19:16
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
At the current climate it looks like the Star Wars IP is being sold to multiple studios after EA failed to make anything good. So never say never its just a matter of time.
I wonder what this might mean for SWTOR ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 14:26
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
The only exception was Omikron which was more of a blending of different genres. There were first person shooter segments and one on one fighting game match seqments.
Oh man, I loved that game. I would definitely call it an (action/adventure) RPG though.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 14:36
Remember playing Omikron back when Daikatana was released in 2000. Both flopped and became cult classic over the last fifteen years though. Anyway it's been a while.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

May 23rd, 2022, 14:39
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I wonder what this might mean for SWTOR ?
Still going strong looks like the player numbers increased after the huge 7.1 update. The content update Legacy of the Sith expansion was a huge disappointment though.
--

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

May 23rd, 2022, 15:35
I didn't like that update in some apects, either.
It contained things that should have been there 5 years ago.

SWTOR has the far slowest patch rate I have ever sen. They introduced things and fixed bugs 5-10 years too late.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 24th, 2022, 07:15
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Oh man, I loved that game. I would definitely call it an (action/adventure) RPG though.
I think that's as good as any way to classify it, (very light on the RPG elements though) I'm just saying that really a typical one. And all of their games since have played more like interactive films than action / adventure games. If this rumor of them making a SW game is true I'd be surprised if it ends up at all similar to KOTOR or even Omikron. Probably more similar to a Telltale game.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » KotOR on Switch (Aspyr) Review @ RPG Fan