Hitman Trilogy - Coming to Xbox/PC Game Pass - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hitman Trilogy - Coming to Xbox/PC Game Pass

Default Hitman Trilogy - Coming to Xbox/PC Game Pass

January 14th, 2022, 14:35
PC Invasion reports that the Hitman Trilogy was coming to PC Game Pass on January 20th.

The Hitman Trilogy is coming to PC Game Pass next week

The Hitman Trilogy will be coming to Xbox and PC Game Pass on January 20. This was announced as part of an update from IO Interactive regarding the future of the game. The developer also announced that the Hitman Trilogy is finally coming to Steam on the same day. It's great news for anyone who's been wanting to try out the Hitman series but hasn't yet for whatever reason.

Hitman Trilogy's arrival on Xbox and PC Game Pass coincides with the start of Hitman 3's Year 2 content update. The update brings a new mode in the form of Elusive Target Arcade, as well as VR, and graphical enhancements to the PC version.

The entire Hitman Trilogy for incredible value

Xbox Game Pass has been the saving grace for patient gamers everywhere, as it brings a plethora of games to players for a very decent price. Now, with the arrival of Hitman Trilogy, players can take the reins of Agent 47 as he navigates the World of Assassination. There are around 20 different maps in total included in the trilogy, and each one is filled to the brim with content. So, if you need something to kill some time with, this is the perfect game to do just that.

[…]
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

January 14th, 2022, 14:42
It's also coming to Steam. And the VR version as well. And apparently they're including Hitman 1 and 2 into the trilogy pack. So I'm guessing it'll be 60/80/90 euros for each version? I wonder if they'll give any discounts for people that already have Hitman 1 and 2 bought.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 08:41
as expected, what a shitstorm on steam lol, they even removed the subreddit of the game
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

Lolozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 08:58
They really carved up the content on steam, and almost all at full price.
The trilogy pack is 99 dollars and contains hitman 1/2/3 base content.
Then they have the premium expansions pack which inlcude the extra levels and content that was added to each of the games (1/2/3), at 60 dollars.
Then they have the currently planned deadly sins small expansions for Hitman 3 at 30 dollars.
And most proably the Year 2 content of Hitman 3, which just started, will be charged extra with another season pass.
It's amazing how they managed to shoot themselves in the foot.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

January 21st, 2022, 10:32
Hitman 3 itself received a serious beating on Steam, just after its release yesterday. Now the reviews have dramatically improved to … mixed.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

January 22nd, 2022, 08:34
https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroo…n-steam/zf3f3c
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

Lolozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2022, 08:45
After a bit of reading it seems that if you already have the content from Hitman 1 and 2 you only need to get the Hitman 3 base game. Besides that you technically only need the Sin expansion to be feature complete, from what I gather. So I got the base game of Hitman 3 even though I never got too far into 1 or 2. But I’m slowly warming up to it. It’s a decent amounto of fun trying to unlock each and every achievement by performinh different actions and assassinations in different ways.

In the end, yeah they really shot themselves in the food with the release and the awful pricing model. It’s unfortiunate since everything else is good.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

January 22nd, 2022, 16:54
They also put up a demo on Steam. I was gonna give it a try, but I passed when I saw the install size was 64GB. I tried the first game awhile back and thought it was just ok. The missions are a bit too puzzle-like for my taste.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2022, 18:45
If the demo alone is that size, I'm scared to imagine how much space the entire game would want. Yikes.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2022, 19:30
The full game is 64GB (meaning all Hitman 1/2/3 content put together). So I'm not sure what demo that is. Might be bugged. It would be weird to make you download it all to play just one level or something.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

January 22nd, 2022, 19:55
The series is dead to me after they went the GAAS online route. At one time you even had to be online to even play and load the SP content. It was unneeded DRM at best.

The development studio should be ashamed for killing their own franchise.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 22nd, 2022 at 20:41.

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2022, 20:32
64 GB, oof. They must have chosen a full download to avoid extracting the assets necessary to the demo only. It's lazy but understandable.

Still, it's lazy.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hitman Trilogy - Coming to Xbox/PC Game Pass