Ambermoon Remake - 1.5.0 release

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Indie Retro News reports on an update for Ambermoon Remake which takes it to 1.5.

[...]

This latest remake that has been updated to 1.5.0 not only features the previous improvements such as improved 3D performance, bug fixes and text improvements, but it now features graphical goodies, a custom music option, 10 battle speed levels, an option to turn off ceiling/floor textures, quickload, shortcuts for item use and equipping, bugfixes and yes even Ambermoon-Advanced; an unofficial extension of Ambermoon!

Links :1) Source 2) Ambermoon Advanced 3) Itch.Io
More information.

Do you need to of played the first one to enjoy this? (Amberstar)

Do you need to of played the first one to enjoy this? (Amberstar)

Nope. Some dude on his deathbed at the beginning seems to give you a (very) brief run-down of what happened in the last one. Make certain you talk to him. (r-click to turn cursor into target, then l-click on him)

Battles are turn-based
I am currently playing and it works like a charm
There is already 1.5.1 available

Are the battles turn-based or "real-time"?

To be accurate: they are round based. Think a mixture of FFX with Phantasie III and Crystals of Arborea.

Hmm whats the difference between normal and advanced?

Hmm whats the difference between normal and advanced?

Quick summary - some new monster abilities, a couple of new quests. More quests will be added later.

From the advanced page linked above:

Ambermoon Advanced is no complete new game, so you will still play Ambermoon as you know it but of course with some additions and changes. For example monsters now have elements and spells have elements too. Therefore some monsters are now immune to certain spells. Don't bother shooting fire balls at fire dragons or rocks at stone golems. But there is no damage bonus against elements if you want to ask that. For future updates, more complex spell damage changes are planned which might include element bonus, intelligence damage boosts and level-dependent damage increasements.

Also keep in mind that adding content is a lot of work so don't expect the whole world to change or secrets in every dungeon. As Ambermoon Advanced is released in episodes the current changes focus on the early game and adds 2 new quest chains to the mid to late game on Lyramion.

If you want to play the episodes in succession you should pause before you leave Lyramion for the first time. The second episode is planned for the late game on Lyramion. Other episodes will then focus on the forest moon and Morag.

I'll wait. I don't want to play an incomplete remake and it sounds like it's years off from being done. I would have been much more excited for a graphically and UI enhanced game. These "retro" remakes really don't do anything for me.

I spent several very pleasant hours with this remake few weeks ago. Those several hours made me want to replay Albion badly, so I put Ambermoon on standby and started Albion replay. Then I got distracted again and left Albion replay unfinished as well. Too many games ...

I recently replayed Albion, three years ago now I believe. Still a sheer blast! I like what I'm reading about Ambermoon, though I also think I'll be sitting on the fence until it's all completed and whatnot. I do, however, intend to play it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom