Skyrim - Special Edition Mod Says Your Name - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Special Edition Mod Says Your Name

Default Skyrim - Special Edition Mod Says Your Name

April 25th, 2022, 12:31
PC Gamer reports on a Skyrim Special Edition mod that makes characters say your name using AI.

Thanks to AI voice-acting tool xVASynth, modders have a way to generate new dialogue in the voices of existing NPCs--or at least a half-decent approximation of them. Its creator, Dan Ruta, has demonstrated another use for xVASynth by modifying existing dialogue in Skyrim: Special Edition so that NPCs refer to your character by whatever name you enter.

Yes, even if it's xX_dragon_killer_420_69_Xx.

The mod's called Say My Name, and you can see it in action in the video above. It's not perfect, but it's not as robotic as text-to-speech software used to be, and if you were annoyed by how often characters would call you the Dragonborn, now you can change that. Dragons will still call you Dovahkiin, however, because that's how they roll. (And also because their voices are harder for xVASynth to get right.)

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

April 26th, 2022, 01:59
I think it might be more distracting than fun in Skyrim, but it's a mighty fine proof of concept!

It would be great if other video games would put this kind of tech in. You could type in your name, the AI would take a shot at it, then you could help it if it gets it wrong. (Maybe right click on characters and select different sounds?)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

April 26th, 2022, 03:13
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
I think it might be more distracting than fun in Skyrim, but it's a mighty fine proof of concept!

It would be great if other video games would put this kind of tech in. You could type in your name, the AI would take a shot at it, then you could help it if it gets it wrong. (Maybe right click on characters and select different sounds?)
I would like to see it in Baldur's Gate 3. It would help the experience imo.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
+1:

April 26th, 2022, 04:23
Great… I can't wait to see all the YouTube videos of Johnny Pussysmasher.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)

April 26th, 2022, 14:02
Barry MaCockinher for the win.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

April 27th, 2022, 04:43
I've put over 2000 hours into a game series where a woman's voice warns me about the Kha'ak. I'm not going to judge.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Special Edition Mod Says Your Name