Expeditions: Rome - Featured @ History Extra

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Logic Artists and THQ Nordic tweeted about an "advertisement feature" they made with History Extra. While the article is indeed just an ad, the two videos give an interesting historical background related to the game.

Together with @HistoryExtra, we took a look into the historical background of #ExpeditionsRome. Check out the videos and articles here: link

This content was made in cooperation with HistoryExtra!
More information.

Very inspiring vids! Quite satisfying to hear that so many aspects of the gameplay actually mirrored the reality of legion activities in the past.

It's a pity I have never been a fan of RTS, otherwise I'd be sure to continue the expedition with "Total War" now. ;)

Very inspiring vids! Quite satisfying to hear that so many aspects of the gameplay actually mirrored the reality of legion activities in the past.

It's a pity I have never been a fan of RTS, otherwise I'd be sure to continue the expedition with "Total War" now. ;)

The remastered version? Roman Empire Wars seems promising too. I had similar thoughts but I'm not a fan either, I'd play a few hours then lose interest.

You must have finished by now? Are you tempted to play it again?

Last edited:
I haven't heard of "Roman Empire Wars" before, will check it out! :)

As for "Expeditions", I wouldn't say I'm tempted to start from the very beginning again, though I would like to continue the gameplay/story. (might consider that DLC after all)

I have also already replayed the last part of the game, in order to test/try out all the possible endings that you could get. Taking a more "combative" approach changes things a great deal for the last part of the game, when compared to a more "conciliatory" way of ending the tale.

EDIT: It's well worth it in my opinion, to make a manual save, before you "cross the Rubicon" and enter Rome again after Gaul. That way you can play through 2 very different versions of the "Final Act" of the saga.

I haven't heard of "Roman Empire Wars" before, will check it out! :)

As for "Expeditions", I wouldn't say I'm tempted to start from the very beginning again, though I would like to continue the gameplay/story. (might consider that DLC after all)

I have also already replayed the last part of the game, in order to test/try out all the possible endings that you could get. Taking a more "combative" approach changes things a great deal for the last part of the game, when compared to a more "conciliatory" way of ending the tale.

EDIT: It's well worth it in my opinion, to make a manual save, before you "cross the Rubicon" and enter Rome again after Gaul. That way you can play through 2 very different versions of the "Final Act" of the saga.

Maybe it's worth waiting for the DLC, or keeping saved games just in case.

Thanks for the tip! I'm usually trying to save before key points but sometimes I forget.

I had to laugh today, when I had a quest from Divitiacus' son (who happens to be the same voice actor as Julius/Julia)

… about a menhir I could buy from two Gallic warriors. The vignette that describes the scene was so well made I could perfectly picture the comic book.

That really made my day, along with a few other allusions. :lol:

I had to laugh today, when I had a quest from Divitiacus' son (who happens to be the same voice actor as Julius/Julia)

… about a menhir I could buy from two Gallic warriors. The vignette that describes the scene was so well made I could perfectly picture the comic book.

That really made my day, along with a few other allusions. :lol:

Lol. I loved that as well. For a moment, i wondered if my whole praetorian guard would end up with moderate to critical injuries. A perfect little cameo.

Back
Top Bottom