Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising will be released today:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising combines a thrilling adventure through ancient ruins with the tale of one town's rise from the ashes.

Drawn by lenses and other treasure in the nearby Runebarrows, our heroes learn that the town is struggling to rebuild after an earthquake and decide to help. Along the way, they'll resolve disputes between eager adventurers and wary locals who don't think the Barrows should be disturbed. And they'll learn more about each other's reasons for seeking treasure, deepening their bonds in the process.

As you will learn, these Runebarrows hide a great secret that has fateful implications for one of the characters. What begins as a simple treasure hunt turns into a dark conspiracy that will shake the world and plant seeds that carry over into the main story of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.

The game will introduce a portion of Eiyuden Chronicle's cast of characters in an original story with thrilling action and engaging town-upgrading elements.

There will be some perks for players that link the game with Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.

*The name of one character from the Eiyuden Chronicle franchise has been changed from JB to CJ.
More information.

I don't know much about this franchise, I'll keep an eye here on what reviewers might think and also might pop on YT and watch someone play it, see if the style is something I'd be keen on.

Just remember that this is just a side-scroller prologue, not the main meat and vegetables rpg that'll come out next year.

Ah yes this is the cheaper spin-off to raise money for the Suikoden version right? I always wanted to play more of those games and I'm glad the kickstarter was funded.

IGN's Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising Review

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising reviewed on PC by Henry Stockdale. Narrated by Daemon Hatfield. Also available on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.

Ahhh ok yeah, I do know Suikoden, at least the first one. That's the only one I've played and liked it a lot.

May be hard to find, but I would highly recommend the second Suikoden to you. That was my favorite (and most people's favorite) of the series.

I would never have thought that if you hadn't mentioned it. This doesn't remind me of Suikoden at all.

Like I mentioned above, the full Suikoden-like game comes out next year, this is a side scrolling rpg prologue to give you some backstory and (I'm sure they're hoping) to get some extra funds to finance the making of the main game.

For those wondering about the game I've played 3 hours so far. It's enjoyable, as far as simple side-scrolling rpg action games go, but won't wow people who play things like Rogue Legacy. There's a bit of depth from extra moves that you unlock from upgrading your items, or from getting companions to join you who have their own moves (a combination of those two things also helps unlock new areas of maps you've already visited).

You get stamps from completing quests, and I've only got 20 (of 160, going by a shop that requires them for purchasing items) so it's not too short either. So far they are sprinkling in conversations with the characters so there is a story developing to it.

I wouldn't seek this out for the gameplay, but I am enjoying the characters so far, the tone's relatively light hearted and the main character's that simple kind of kind-hearted that triggers nostalgia vibes for 90s jrpg players. As a standalone game it's not anything grand, but as a companion to the main game it seems pretty good so far.

Last edited:
This game launched on gamepass for both PC and console, and honestly, it is perfect for that. As a standalone purchase, I know for me, it would have been touch-and-go as to whether I'd bother. As part of an existing gamepass subscription, it is an exciting download to mess around with and have fun with. Maybe I'll stick with it, maybe not, but either way I get to try it out and see what I make of it.

Astoria Ascending very much fell into the same boat for me, as did Cris Tales - I ended up bouncing off both, but glad I tried them :)

Back
Top Bottom