RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed

This is great news! Thanks Myrthos for your hard wok and dedication even when passing it on to someone else :)

Joined 12 years ago. I rarely post... but regularly visit the site as my main hub to the rpg world. I'm sorry to see you go after so much time... but I understand life and priorities change over time. I know the feeling, many years ago I left a relatively big modding project I created and it was a let down for many,, but when you aren't motivated anymore you have to move on and leave the torch to others. Happy to see the site going on on some sort thoguh, and good luck with everything!

My intuition already told me that this end would not be final.
I'm very pleased that The Watch continues further to exist ! :)

Thank you for your efforts, everyone involved !

jonah-hill-excited.gif

How will it work for the forums move? Is it completely behind the scenes or we need to re-create threads or even accounts? Will old things remain or something might be lost?

It should be completely behind the scenes and at a certain point in time it is suddenly there. Same info, just looking differently.

GREAT!!! This is for sure one of the best forums! .... and as others have said, hope you'll stay around and post Myrtos, you often have interesting angles in many of the discussions we'd had through the years!

I'd just like to say, on behalf of all of RPG Codex (I am the official ambassador, you see) that we would like to welcome each and every one of you into the RPG Codex family.

Now, I know that the thought of being under our protective wing might frighten or intimidate some of you, but I can assure you that we at RPG Codex have nothing but the best intentions and plans for RPG Watch. We are all brothers in the sense that we love computer roleplaying games, right?

So, again, welcome to the family. Here's to many more years of talking about the hobby that we all have come to know and love.

By the way, the delousing and tetanus shot line starts over there.

This is excellent news. Many thanks to the current Watch team for working to make this happen.

@Crispy; Like you can see in this video your little annoying sister RPGWatch is alive/undead - no tetanus or delousing needed :)

(The Witching Hour UK - She's Alive)

Good ...eh ... great news indeed. Thanks.

pibbuR who already got his tetanus short a couple of weeks ago, after an unfortunate encounter with a piece of gardening equipment (none of the powered ones).

Great decision. Thanks Myrthos.

I think you will be pleased to see that the work you've done continues to live.

There'll be time to discuss things in more detail in the following months, so for now I'm just popping in to say "thanks!" to Myrthos for the introduction and announcement. I realize that I'll have some big shoes to fill here, but I'm definitely going to do my best to make sure that RPGWatch keeps on ticking and that the community remains intact.

@Taluntain; - a big Thank You to you as well to make this move possible.
You have proven over many years that you can host RPG related websites.
The old team is looking forward to a good cooperation!

that-my-friend-is-great-news.jpg

I'm really happy that the watch ain't over. Thousand thanks to Myrthos for allowing this transfer of ownership to happen and all the good work in the past. We all salute you! :)

Back
Top Bottom