Personal things you don't need to know

The houses with a ceiling at 220 are still being sold, bought and rented every day.
Most houses with a ceiling of 2 mtr are demolished and replaced with new ones, who have to have ceilings at 260 cm. Unless for some reason the authorities think the house has historic, monumental value.
We have a crowded country so we need every bit of space.

Most houses with a ceiling of 2 mtr are demolished and replaced with new ones, who have to have ceilings at 260 cm.

A similar thing will most likely happen with the house of my grandparents.

So yeah, Taylor Hawkins passed on March twenty-fifth of this year, and by accident I came across a five minute or so video on what he meant as a friend to Perry Farrell. I knew they were mates yet I didn't realize just how close they were, beyond simply friends. Well worth checking out and likely easily findable on youtube.

Spring is here. S-p-ring is here. Life is skiitles (whatever that is) and life is beer.

Among the things to start doing now is:

and firing up my petrol powered lawn-and-whatever-is-there mower, which I call Rammstein:

and - and this is what I did today - going berserk, massacring unruly trees and bushes in the garden.

Well, not exactly that way. Got myself a bright new (cheap, probably won't last long but its got all the necessary security hardware and I'm only going to use if this summer. Probably.) chainsaw. Have no fear, I'm not even tempted to apply it on vertebrates (people, wife included). Unlike my paint sprayer, which I was tempted (not overly) to use (just a little bit) on non-vital parts of the wife.

pibbuR whose only outside-common-targets use of the sprayer was on himself. And the car.

Mostly done with eliminating stuff from my garden.

picture.php

In the picture, you can see yours truly happily standing with his chainsaw where there once was a hedge.

pibbuR who (with pleasure) notices that the chainsaw (which he may call "Doom Thing") makes more noise than his petrol powered lawn-and-whatever-is-there mower (which he calls "Rammstein"). It may even surpass the sound of the carnifex playing metal on his porch.

PS: One additional result: Since I very seldom do work like that, my arms are aching. And my tennis-elbowish elbow has reacted hostilely (observe that I don't play the mentioned sport). Some may regard this as a kind of revenge. DS.

PPS. I'm not completely done. Unfortunately, the electricity powered chainsaw disagrees with the current weather conditions. But fortunately the remaining units of wood are not very massive, and therefore vulnerable to actions using my newly aquired (and therefore very sharp) Luna A550 7TPI UNIVERSAL handsaw.

image-proxy.php

DS.

Last edited:
Ages ago, people had no electricity.
And, even further into the past, they had only flintstones.
They still managed to cut trees down, though.

Ages ago, people had no electricity.
And, even further into the past, they had only flintstones.
They still managed to cut trees down, though.

They did. But it took a much longer time. And wasn't nearly as fun.

pibbuR who recently also bought an angle grinder, to use on walls in his cellar. Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Careful with That Chainsaw, Eugene

It's official: I'm an idiot. Some of you may have suspected that for a long time, given my taste in games (currently playing Skyrim, FO4, FO76. AND an MMO), and my dubious sense of humnor. But this is something else.

I have a cell phone, and for that I have a wozzname (Small bag? Envelope? Thing?) which doubles as a wallet. Practical. But when I remove the phone from said wozzname, there is a challenge: Where do I put it? (the wozzname). As I see it, there are three rational solutions to the problem:

Put it back in the pocket.
Place it near the cell phone (and remember to pick it up again)
Place it somewhere dedicated (and remember where that is).

Usually (and this is the idiotic part), I do neither of these things. Which means that whenever I want to leave the house, I have to waste a lot of time searching for the wozzname. It doesn't help that it, like a lot of surfaces in my den, is black. Like the idoot I am, I never learn. Say it again: I NEVER LEARN.

OTOH, I saw a newspaper today which on the front page claimed that gifted people know 10 languages. And I know more (BASIC, Pascal, C, C++, C#, Prolog, Lisp (including Lithp), PL/SQL , Transact Sql, PHP, Javascript, the Wolfram Language, Matlab., other languages. And I can read Java. So, according to this newspaper I should be gifted. Which, given what I said above, is kind of hard to believe.

pibbuR who is confused.

@pibbuR; you are not alone - doing little things without thinking much about it - always takes revenge.

I have a cell phone, and for that I have a wozzname (Small bag? Envelope? Thing?) which doubles as a wallet. Practical. But when I remove the phone from said wozzname, there is a challenge: Where do I put it? (the wozzname).

Distraction and misplacing things is a trait shared by the best - or at least I'd like to believe that ;)

I'm trying to develop a simple routine when it comes to those things. My wallet is always at the same place, I never wear it in the house, and for a few days I place another object near it that I need to take the car, like its keys for example. After a short while, it becomes a routine to fetch those things when I go out (despite the fact I can drive to meet someone to give them documents, and forget them on my desk - true story).

I was fancying a little program so that the GSM would alert me if it sensed it was outside the house (for ex, no WiFi) and if it hadn't sensed an NFC token located in the wallet. But it's too much hassle. Maybe something you can try though, there are a few good apps for that. Or you can learn Kotlin (which I would recommend over Java) and make your own. :)

The wife has one place she puts things like that: OIn the staircase. I resent that, but it's probably a good idea. The adaptatiosn given by the red glyph to the principle seems like a good idea.

Regarding idiocy: I also played (completed) and enjoyed the MM game which according to the owner of dte's should not be mentioned in polite circles.

Regarding languages: I also know SIMPLE.

@pibbuR; you are not alone - doing little things without thinking much about it - always takes revenge.
I regularly have problems finding things that I've probabliy misplaced while sitting at my desk. *Sighs*.

But, I'm not as bad as this guy I heard about (from a friend) who (as a student) lived in a small one-room apartment: He had his bicycle there during the winter, and couldn't fiind it in spring.

pibbur who admits that he may be telling a lie, but this is what he was told (by his friend).

PS. Many years ago I read an article in our local newspaper about thing people have forgot in public places. One of the things found on a bus was a double bass, and the paper (journalist) wondered how it was possible to forget a thing like that. One reader replied that if you've ever tried to embark on a bus with said instrument, you certainly would understand why somebody would choose to leave it. DS.

PPS. I can understand that. Not from carrying a double bass, but from a sack full of volleyballs. DS

PPPS. This is my 1000th post using this incarnation of pibbuR. For reasons of beauty I probably should stop posting now. But I probably won't (stop posting now). DS.

I suggest a carry or pocket belt with one or two bags and/or lobster clasps.
2ad91ba5f09a94cce053490b9083aee5.jpg

I'm sure they could even carry that chainsaw of yours, so you would not need to look for it after lunch break. :)

It's official: I'm an idiot. Some of you may have suspected that for a long time, given my taste in games (currently playing Skyrim, FO4, FO76. AND an MMO), and my dubious sense of humnor. But this is something else.

I have a cell phone, and for that I have a wozzname (Small bag? Envelope? Thing?) which doubles as a wallet. Practical. But when I remove the phone from said wozzname, there is a challenge: Where do I put it? (the wozzname). As I see it, there are three rational solutions to the problem:

Put it back in the pocket.
Place it near the cell phone (and remember to pick it up again)
Place it somewhere dedicated (and remember where that is).

Usually (and this is the idiotic part), I do neither of these things. Which means that whenever I want to leave the house, I have to waste a lot of time searching for the wozzname. It doesn't help that it, like a lot of surfaces in my den, is black. Like the idoot I am, I never learn. Say it again: I NEVER LEARN.

OTOH, I saw a newspaper today which on the front page claimed that gifted people know 10 languages. And I know more (BASIC, Pascal, C, C++, C#, Prolog, Lisp (including Lithp), PL/SQL , Transact Sql, PHP, Javascript, the Wolfram Language, Matlab., other languages. And I can read Java. So, according to this newspaper I should be gifted. Which, given what I said above, is kind of hard to believe.

pibbuR who is confused.

The only thing I would like to say is to not call yourself "stupid" or "idiot" - you can make yourself think those things and lower your confidence.
People can do stupid things without actually being stupid.

The only thing I would like to say is to not call yourself "stupid" or "idiot" - you can make yourself think those things and lower your confidence.
People can do stupid things without actually being stupid.

I don't disagree but that reminds me of an article I've read according to which doubting oneself, or finding one had shortcomings, was a sign of intelligence. It was based on the fact it requires some amount of knowledge to realize how further deep it goes, and so little one knows.

I think it's too much of a simplification and I don't entirely agree, even if it would reassure me for having doubts about so many things. ;) I believe it may be possible to reinforce self-assurance by not adventuring too far from one's limits and getting enough positive feedback, but it could be wrong. It's only speculative, I'm certainly not doing that part right so I can't say for sure (see?).

Anyway, just a tangent thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom