HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN reviewed King Arthur: Knight's Tale:

King Arthur: Knight's Tale Review

A whole lot of Camelot.

King Arthur is dead and you, Mordred, died killing him. Now Arthur has cursed the afterlife. In order to bring peace to the island of Avalon, you must do what you do best: Kill Arthur - or rather, the variety of vile villains his soul has been twisted into. For those who were fans of Neocore Games' previous turn-based dark fantasy, King Arthur: A Role-Playing Wargame, the idea behind King Arthur: Knight's Tale is very welcome indeed. Don't expect a retelling of the classical romances like Malory or cinematic depictions, but do expect your favorite Arthurian characters to appear in some twisted afterlife form, and for them to take part in battles between a handful of powerful knights and hordes of enemies using a rich combat system. It's a heck of a lot of game for what it is - a sprawling adventure that's perhaps too repetitive for its own good.

[...]

Verdict
King Arthur: Knight's Tale takes the classic ideas of the legend and remixes them into a familiar form. It's ambitious and lengthy with detailed tactical mechanics that emphasize smart positioning and facing in order for your small squad of heavily armored knights to overcome many times their number, but is undermined by a shallow story and repetitive mission design. There's fun to be found in its grim, scowling characters and knightly fantasy milieu, but if you're like me you'll get bored long before you see the ending of its dark retelling.

Score: 7/10
More information.

Microsoft doesn't even support Win 7 anymore.

I can understand getting attached to an OS you've grown comfortable and familiar with… but honestly I've found there to be very little noticeable difference between win 7 and 10 as far as gaming is concerned. The only change that really jumped out at me when I got a win 10 system was Cortana. Didn't like that at all, so I looked up how to disable it. After a few minor tweaks to the taskbar, I couldn't even tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom