The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Debby Harry is always worth listening to, gonna have to work her and the band into my porch rotation!

Today was Lacuna Coil day, all day, and will be the same this evening during supper on the porch. I'm sure the neighborhood will appreciate the sultry/harsh voices!

Yesterday afternoon, the Court of the Crimson King was in session, and all were found extremely guilty, and sentenced to three hours of great music. I even caught the jester digging the vibes!

I love the first two Men At Work albums, both Business As Usual and Cargo are outstanding. Some of the latter albums are decent also, yet never really capture the allure of the first two.

Men at Work did a lot of good stuff. Strangely, the tune of theirs I favor these days is one that I hated back when it was released:

("Overkill" for the post police)

And the one I used to prefer as my "non-mainstream street cred" selection seems fairly average now:

("Be Good Johnny" for the post police)

Overkill, such a great song. And they absolutely KILL if you ever have a chance to catch them live, at least they did back when I saw them perform in person. Of course that was some time ago, yet sticks in my mind as Men At Work worked rather hard on their live performances.

Radiohead - Just

David Bowie - I'm Afraid of Americans

Radiohead and Bowie, if you ever did a greatest hits of either, it would simply have to include ALL of their works (ok, maybe not Bowie's from the eighties-p). Two of my favourite artists of all-time, if we ever did a greatest albums poll, I think both would make my list at least once.

Yeah, they remastered the video to 4k. I think it looks great. Could have been made yesterday.

Watching Bowie, Reznor, and their respective bands absolutely tear this one up live in Manasas, Va. in the nineties is another concert highlight for me.

And then Trent got violently ill and Bowie took over the entire gig. Like the man he was, it was an awesome show!

The Dave Matthews Band were unleashed on the porch today, specifically the concert from Central Park, I think it was in September of '03. Eerily magnificent back then and has easily stood the test of time. Don't Drink the Water is one of the finest songs of all time.

Today I took to the porch with the always amazing Kinks, with three of their albums that I simply cannot live without: Preservation Acts one and two, and Give the People What They Want. There are other albums of theirs that I also enjoy, yet these three are my favorites. Ray Davies and his mates can do no musical wrongs in my book.

Back
Top Bottom