Planetrism - Science Fiction RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a new science fiction RPG in development called Planetrism. There are some screenshots at the link.

Mika Laaksonen and Kimmo Kaunela are currently working on an amazing sci-fi role-playing game where you experience the life of a colonist on an exoplanet light years away from Solar system, called Planetrism. The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and below you can find some stunning screenshots.

Planetrism aims to combine personal experience of adventurous colonist life with leadership and management of whole colony. The key to survive in Planetrism is to understand environments, collect data and always be ready for different situations. Dynamic weather will make it hard and challenging to build and run colony and its people.

[...]
More information.

Looks neat and I think it's a great setting for a VR game.
But the question remains if it's actually a proper "game" or just sightseeing of a few locations as most VR Games.

different types of functional NPC characters and robots
That screams sandbox game.

If I need some ridiculous head set/device to play this, I'll just be saying no thanks. I'm not nearly that desperate for a game these days, thankfully.

Doesn't look like they're putting much effort into characters and story. Meh.

Back
Top Bottom