Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Releasing September 28th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Jagged Alliance: Rage! will be released September 28th on Steam.

THQ Nordic has announced that its mercenary tactic game Jagged Alliance: Rage! will be available on September 27th for the PC. In this turn-based strategy game, your team of Mercenaries will be always outnumbered and low on resources and the company has released a new trailer in order to celebrate this announcement.

[...]

More information.

Probably not. I didn't really like the attempted reboots of JA2 so this may well be just be trying to capitalize on the Christmas season. Can hope for the best and that its better this time around but I will need to hear something good.

But it does remind me that I haven't checked out the JA2 1.13 mod in a couple of years and still looks very active. I might have to check that out and see if they ever got it back on track. Probably more fun.

Edit: Maybe not so active after all but still kicking which is something.

Have to say it does look good. BUt it will most likely need a few patches (gut feeling),

That was quick. I don't really know anything about it - except for what I've seen in a few screenshots.

My gut feeling isn't great, I must say.

They did this project in a hurry on tight cash, they need DOUGH quick! That stupid Cartoon-style and bloodlessness kills the super-hype of this one.. :( They could have added that special kind of "game graphic blood", which doesn't resemble real life and looks good. We are aiming for that same gore-style, which is apparently not included in this game and is a half good point for parenting reasons.

Looking at the devs' other games, I'm finding it hard to remain optimistic about this being a true JA game.

Looking at the devs' other games, I'm finding it hard to remain optimistic about this being a true JA game.

Yeah. Although at least this video shows some gameplay and it doesn't look horrible. But I will assume it is until someone tells me differently.

This from Steam:

Work Hard // Play Hard - HandyGames™ is a THQ Nordic family member and operates as an international publisher for small and mid-sized projects and developers for a worldwide audience.

I looked up all of their Steam games and reviews ran from mixed to very positive, with many games at mixed or slightly positive and only a few at very positive. Nothing negative though.

While I didn't make a study of it, it looked to me they make mobile games ported to the PC, which led me to suspect this game will lack the tactical and strategic depth of JA. I've seen lots of mobile ports on Steam that are reviewed well but look like crap to me.

*shrugs* I'll take a better look when it's released.

Many seem to be mobile ports, and the majority of the games get mixed reviews, with people saying that they'd give their games an "ok" if that was an option. So I suppose I won't be awaiting a new JA2. Nor will I buy the game until there are a number of reviews confirming it it good.

THQ Nordic has a kinda ok reputation. ELEX for example. I am gonne give the game the benefit of the doubt.

THQ Nordic has a kinda ok reputation. ELEX for example. I am gonne give the game the benefit of the doubt.
THQ Nordic is actually a rebranded Nordic games. They just bought the name. It's the same with most games they publish outside of funding original games also.

In the beginning they were known for giving the bought Ip's to unknown cheap studios just to make a small profit off those bought Ip's. This looks like of of those times also.

I'll keep my eyes open, but I'm not pre-ordering or Kickstarting another JA game in my life.

I don't like the Team Fortress style graphics. Can't comment on the rest of the game though.

I bet the sequel will be named: "Jagged Alliance: Vulcan-like Control over Self and Emotions".

Back
Top Bottom