GOG - Winter Sale

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The GOG Winter sale has begun and will finish January 3rd.

Full Throttle Remastered for free ⬥ Daily Flash Deals ⬥ free game with first purchase ⬥ more than 2000 deals across 3 weeks

The stay-at-home season's festivities launch with free stuff, daily deals, personalized recommendations and more deals than ever before! All this goodness on GOG.COM - purveyors of the DRM-free spirit, curators of the best in gaming, and a friendly bunch of gamers overall.The Winter Sale will last for 3 full weeks, till January 3.Wear your helmet and respect local speed limits, but otherwise, put the pedal to the metal.

Grab a copy of Full Throttle Remastered for free in the first 48h of the sale (till December 15, 2:00 PM UTC)! Your destination is a giveaway banner parked on the GOG.COM front page - click on it to redeem the game for free.And since we're on the subject of FREE - unlock free games while you shop in the sale: get Fantasy General free with your first purchase, and EVERSPACE once all your Winter Sale spendings add up to $15.DRM-free your Steam games - GOG Connect is back! Connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your DRM-free library. Some titles you can Connect include: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Age of Wonders 3 and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut. And there's a new batch of eligible titles each week, so check back regularly!

The Winter Sale kicks off with +1900 offers
, and you can expect nearly every game on sale this Holiday Season.Daily Deals, an old favorite returns - these are particularly high discounts available for 24 hours only. So check back at 2:00 PM UTC every day for eight new games you won't otherwise find in the Winter Sale.The amount of deals in Winter Sale might make you feel a bit overwhelmed. We have your back! With our curated approach, we ensure that every GOG.COM release is worth it - and between 400-something new games added this year, you'll find our fresh favorites on sale like Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-20%), Frostpunk (-33%), Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition (-35%), Stellaris (-60%), BATTLETECH (-30%), Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (-34%).Other extremely good deals you should not miss include The Witcher: Wild Hunt GOTY (-60%), SWAT 4 (-50%), Homeworld: Remastered Collection (-80%), XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack (-80%), Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete (-66%), ELEX (-50%), The Witness (-75%) and more.

The Winter Sale ends on January 3, 11 PM UTC.
More information.

How is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? I've been recommended this game many times and it's been discounted to $9.00, down from $30. From what I've seen it looks like a ton of fun, but I'm already swamped with games this season.

How is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? I've been recommended this game many times and it's been discounted to $9.00, down from $30. From what I've seen it looks like a ton of fun, but I'm already swamped with games this season.
If you played any monster hunter game it's similar.

Amazing combat. Some of the most fun I had on PS3 generation hardware.

Depends on the type of game you like. I found it had very interesting dungeons (most games of this type have a shell of a dungeon) and some very interesting situations (like how to get off a dragon that you jumped on to and find that it has taken flight).
-
But it is closer to an action game than an rpg and while it is very playable with kb/m on the pc the controls are still a bit klunky.
-
I'm happy i played it but i don't like recommending it because it really depends on taste. It certainly is not a thought provoking rpg...

Awful for me. Terrible consoley controls and UI, extremely shallow and dull world and tedious combat where enemies just get multiple health bars to become more dangerous.
Yes, the pawn system is something special and during combat you can climb on the bigger enemies for special attacks, but to me this was boring as well.

One of the few games I quit after playing for some hours.

I'm hoping for a discount on Project Warlock :)

I suppose if you don't already own it but then again I'm sure nwn2-ee will be out soon enough.

I must admit, I'd be curious to see how that'd turn out. Considering how "modern" that game already is compared to the rest of the "EE" titles. If they would focus on improving the in-game graphics, or the gameplay or…what?

I also find the idea somewhat tempting since I never played "Storm of Zehir" or "Mysteries of Westgate".

I think it's a steal at that price. Very fun game as long as you're ok with an action-RPG that has an emphasis on combat. Even though it was developed by Capcom, which is a Japanese developer, it's very much a Western style RPG, and the bestiary is ripped straight out of D&D.

I had no issues at all with the UI or controls, and I found it equally playable with a gamepad or KB+M.

*Edit* If you don't use GOG Galaxy, I'd recommend getting the Steam version. There are some (optional) online elements that you may want to experience.

Last edited:
I picked up Battle Brothers and the new DLC. Already have on Steam but I can't support this game or company enough.

I see Kingdom Come is discounted. I think it's time to jump on that game. Though the DLC's look very lackluster.

I played it for 90 hours so I obviously enjoyed it but did run out of steam before finishing it.

I also thought it played equally well with k&M or controller. The combat is fun and climbing monster was new and interesting for me but did lose its appeal after a while.

My biggest complaint as mentioned earlier is the bigger enemies with multiple health bars. I fought one dragon for 45 min before finally depleating its third screen spanning health bar. Not an epic challenging and fun fight either. Since enemies are extremely easy to dodge it was just 45 min of dodging and endlessly beating on the dragon until it was dead.

If you like action rpg combat and lots of it there’s plenty of hours of fun to be had. If you want to finish it before running out of steam though I’d stay skip much of the filler and follow the main quest. That alone will have you running back and forth plenty.

I'm another person that played Dragon's Dogma, and I really enjoyed it. I believe it kept me fully entertained for almost a month. I'm not sure I'd ever replay the game, though, the sheer action of it was a bit much for me compared to what I usually play.

Awful for me. Terrible consoley controls and UI, extremely shallow and dull world and tedious combat where enemies just get multiple health bars to become more dangerous.
Yes, the pawn system is something special and during combat you can climb on the bigger enemies for special attacks, but to me this was boring as well.

I think it's a steal at that price. Very fun game as long as you're ok with an action-RPG that has an emphasis on combat. Even though it was developed by Capcom, which is a Japanese developer, it's very much a Western style RPG, and the bestiary is ripped straight out of D&D.

I had no issues at all with the UI or controls, and I found it equally playable with a gamepad or KB+M.

Funny how both are right. Dogma is really a game you only play for combat ( and funny scenes), and is somehow great and really poor at it, at the same time.
Go for it if you like visual flair, really ( really) amazing repertoire of different classes&abilities...however few enemies/encounters require little more than button mashing against way too passive and very healthy enemies.
Expansion is a lot better( and what base game should've been).
I'd really like to see a sequel, feels like they ran out of time to fully develop it.

Back
Top Bottom