Kingdom Come - Reviews

Those that insist a game become a political mouthpiece for ideologues are thought policing. The developers who self censor and include ideological content make poor content because it is ideology first with character, story etc a distant second. (See Marvel comics for the results of such thinking.)

We can see this in many forms of media from games to comics and movies. Kingdom Come is a good game and I expect it will continue to sell very well. It probably helps that the developers have experienced the results of such ideology and are therefore immune to badgering and pressure from such people. Long may it continue.

I hope other developers get some balls and call these people out. The people that buy your product will appreciate it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

It obviously does not work that way. There is a supremacist cultural background at work: it has to be their way and no other way at all.

That is expressed when UgoIgo players come to blame a RTwP product is not UgoIgo and should be made UgoIgo.

They are the same one who are going to blame the intrusion of representative types other than the ones they can bear.

Can't we just talk about freaking video games. I play them to escape this kind of crap.

No. Not to escape, to extend a vision of life everywhere and therefore resent it when any intruding that disturbs that vision of the world.

That is very different.

Fictional worlds allow escape whatever they are. A fictional Bohemia peopled with black people only could provide grounds for escape. Except for people who do not desire escape but rather an extension of their view on the world.

I would just like to add that it is well known - although apparently not widely known - that there were black people living in Medieval Europe, and after. The main reason for that is simple; it followed from the Roman Empire. Yet others travelled to Europe, as traders and similar.

In medieval times black people were in fact often admired for their physique which was seen to make them excellent soldiers/warriors, and there are many examples of them holding high positions in society, in the military or in courts and similar. You can even see black people depicted on the coat of arms of many European towns.

This is a general comment btw, just to point out the obvious, and whether or not there were black people in Bohemia specifically, I do not know.

Is that an excerpt from one of Däniken's books?
On old heraldry there are also dragons. Obviously, it means flame shooting flying lizards existed in medieval Europe. Oh and also Beethoven, one of greatest composers that ever lived, was black.

Public opinion and wishful thinking don't make history. It can make fantasy, folklore and fairy tales.

I am talking about history, not conspiracy theories.

But since you bring up Beethoven. One of his collaborators, the violinist George Bridgetower (born in Poland), was of African descent through his father. And his father had been a servant to the Hungarian prince Esterházy.

Famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin's (1779-1837) great-grandfather was also an African (gift from from the Ottoman Sultan to the Peter the Great) . So there were black people in Central/Eastern Europe BUT: 1- few and far between and 2- most of them were part of the royal or aristocratic courts.

For the record, black people are mentioned in KCD, some NPCs mention having seen some in Vienna, but the game itself is set in a very rural area of Bohemia nowhere near royal court or large trade cities.

Fantasize all way you want and all way you need.
Meanwhile I'm gonna sit back and enjoy realistic parts of the game like training swordplay stance dialogue:
pic.jpg

The SJW are just attention seeking narcissists who are shown by the media which causes are "righteous" to get behind then they choose to react where a sane person with a differing opinion would just go about their own business. They don't have any power; they're generally quite unhappy and frustrated but don't really know why.

So, what's this push for diversity really all about? Well, It's about war, globalisation, the removal of national borders and uncapped migration. World domination.

You are all being taught to accept the end of monolithic nationalism or be branded a racist and bigot. To accept, nay, demand that you're no more special than an illegal immigrant. Everyone is equal.

The days of a country holding any real power are over. Now all they hold is debt. The global corporations are the new players. The screen is your new God. The governments are just there to use tax to redistribute wealth before some manner of communism replaces it once globalisation is complete.

If you want an example of the ideal politician of the future just look to Merkel in Germany. Open the gates and deal with the issues. Such is progress. There is no choice. Germany is not for the Germans. They tried that already. The same goes for every country.

It has been said that there will be world government whether it be by conquest or consent and I'll say right now that your consent is being manufactured.

You must forgive the SJW for they know not what they do.

It takes something special to get me to post and this here incoherent rant is indeed special! What a lovely textbook case of a frightened, ignorant, not very bright example of the “homo nationalis“ have we here! Well done!

It takes something special to get me to post and this here incoherent rant is indeed special! What a lovely textbook case of a frightened, ignorant, not very bright example of the “homo nationalis“ have we here! Well done!

Congrats on proving his point.

Lots of the reviews are a product of "Clickbait Works Theory"
I mean we have 4 pages of drivel discussing a non-issue.

As for labels.. the classic SJW comment warrior is one of the unique creatures that can play both the aggressor and the victim simultaneously. Truly a multi-class hero.

How can I be ignorant if I'm frightened? Ignorance is bliss.

You know Greece has less economical power than Walmart?

;)

A very well crafted trap, if I do say so myself.

The fact is, though, it hasn't just been a handful of SJW reviews. A substantial amount of people are upset with a game set in 1403 accurately depicting life in 1403. Why is that?

It seems crazy to me that it should be otherwise. Are they trying to erase something from history?

Whatever that point was, my intervention does nothing else but provide me a means to pass some time. This is the internet you cannot in any way change anyone's mind or argue (argue is used here in it's literal meaning, look it up).

How can I be ignorant if I'm frightened? Ignorance is bliss.

I see that sophistry is strong in this one.

Great song

You know Greece has less economical power than Walmart?

Yes, quite true, but heavily depended on what constitutes “economical power” (the scale by which you make the measurement and the units - parameteres that you are aware of).

I am almost afraid to ask about the relevance of this mention – at this late hour I don’t know if I could handle the revelations that you would provide.

;)

A very well crafted trap, if I do say so myself.

The fact is, though, it hasn't just been a handful of SJW reviews. A substantial amount of people are upset with a game set in 1403 accurately depicting life in 1403. Why is that?

It seems crazy to me that it should be otherwise. Are they trying to erase something from history?

In general I tend to approach most internet postings as outlandish troll spews (it helps getting to sleep if you don’t believe that the things people write are actual – real – views).

But you seem the real deal, impressive.

==================

For the record, I find the review that started this thread funny – not in a good way funny.

I also find the notion of forced diversity funny (in the latest Murder on the Orient Express movie at some point, in a stop at 1930’s Yugoslavia I think, we find a black guard at the borders. I laughed so hard. Also in the Darkest Hour when the very sympathetic black character in the underground recited Shakespeare, priceless).

Nevertheless I get why they are included and why it matters to a lot of people.

I also find funny this selective notion of realism. When we consume –this kind at least of- literature, movies, games we don’t really do it for realism. I remember a quote by a writer when asked about a realistic Batman story: “He gets his suit on, he jumps about, slips, falls, breaks his back, is paralyzed for the rest of his life, the end”.

A realistic Bohemian story set in 1403, accurately depicting life of a farmer would end about 15 minutes after start by gruesome death; or maybe at best, if they were REALLY lucky, it would be something like this:

https://youtu.be/Sn1S2qZGinQ

But I digress, the anti-white-male discrimination is really what’s wrong with this world…

Last edited:
Lots of the reviews are a product of "Clickbait Works Theory"
I mean we have 4 pages of drivel discussing a non-issue.

As for labels.. the classic SJW comment warrior is one of the unique creatures that can play both the aggressor and the victim simultaneously. Truly a multi-class hero.

Eh, there's barely any difference, "alt right" vs. SJW. Both are lazy intelectually, ad hominems, hyperboles and very selective viewpoint, identity politics.

I've read of "controversy" from Vavra and there is nothing really scandalous about it, seems more an "old school" dude, who prefers any politics left out the games.

Back
Top Bottom