Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.3c

Those two things aren't synonmous. There's no reason to stick "spiritual" in there in the first place if they were.

A "spiritual" successor does not have to have a high degree of conformity, as you put it, with its predecessor. It has to "feel" like that game, but it can get there in a very different way.

I quite agree with that. It wasn't my intention to imply that the terms were synonymous, only that I have seen both labels being use to describe PF:WotR as well as PF:KM.

As far as I am concerned, both titles fits neatly under the "spiritual" label, while WotR fits just fine under both labels (at least it seems that way, after having played Prologue/ch1/ch2).

PF:KM….the "Kingdom Management", "Time Limit Approach" and the "Weak Last Chapter" are the 3 points that makes it less "worthy" in my eyes. The bugs….? I have 368.7 hours clocked on steam and as far as I can remember I hardly noticed a single one.:S

"A spiritual successor (sometimes called a spiritual sequel) is a product or fictional work which is similar to, or directly inspired by, another previous work, but (unlike a traditional prequel or sequel) does not explicitly continue the product line or media franchise of its predecessor, and is thus only a successor "in spirit".[1][2] Spiritual successors often have similar themes and styles to their source material, but are generally a distinct intellectual property.[wikipedia]"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom