Elder Scrolls VI - What to Learn from Witcher 3

Morrowind felt the most lifeless to me. Most NPCs were static, and the few that moved around had very basic scripts.
Yes, I wasn't much bothered by it at the time but, looking back, Morrowind was quite empty and a vast majority of NPCs just stood around doing fuck all.

Morrowind felt the most lifeless to me. Most NPCs were static, and the few that moved around had very basic scripts.

In Oblivion and Skyrim, NPCs have complex schedules and will engage in different activities on certain dates and times. In Oblivion, some NPCs were even scripted to travel by foot to different cities on specific dates and live there for a period of time.

I don't know if you were sort of replying to me but if yes then you missed my point :)

Let me ask a different question, who is the better player? Pele or Messi? :)

I think I would have loved Witcher 3 if I could have played as Triss or Ciri or Yenifer or the bard boy or the grumpy dwarf. Anybody but the geriatric Geralt. I prefer to CHOOSE a role to play. It'd be like going to a tabletop session of D&D and told you have to play a certain NPC instead of a player. No thanks!

Outside of that, W3 had some great quest writing. I'd LOVE it if Bethesda upped their game to match CDPR there.

I think I would have loved Witcher 3 if I could have played as Triss or Ciri or Yenifer or the bard boy or the grumpy dwarf. Anybody but the geriatric Geralt. I prefer to CHOOSE a role to play. It'd be like going to a tabletop session of D&D and told you have to play a certain NPC instead of a player. No thanks

I get what your saying but some of us love both set and chose your own Character games crpgnut. So lets agree to disagree with that viewpoint. Moving on.
Outside of that, W3 had some great quest writing. I'd LOVE it if Bethesda upped their game to match CDPR there.
No not going to happen as that has been my constant criticism of Bethesda games.

I get what your saying but some of us love both set and chose your own Character games crpgnut. So lets agree to disagree with that viewpoint. Moving on.
No not going to happen as that has been my constant criticism of Bethesda games.

I just didn't like Geralt. I don't mind playing J.C. Denton or the other Deus Ex avatars. I think if it's a fantasy role playing game, I want to roll the character. I just didn't care for being Geralt. I couldn't relate to him at all. I would purposely do things to get him horrifically killed. That was great for me :D

Well, I like Geralt a lot - and find myself agreeing with him more often than not. That said, he's sometimes a little more tolerant with the ladies than I would be ;)

I would purposely do things to get him horrifically killed. That was great for me :D
Just jump off a small ten foot cliff as you always die in the game.

It was comical most of the times.:lol:

@Couchpotato;

I guess I'm really talking more about DLC in general.

See, I think I hate DLC but I like post-release content, I like updates, I expect patches but I hate early access.

So I buy ES6 and I lose Skyrim? I buy Skyrim and I lose my Cyrodiil?

World of Warcraft gets to keep all its maps when the new expansion hits. Sometimes they're reused, changed by cataclysmic events.

I guess everything needs to become an MMO to some degree. People like playing the same game for ages and ages where they've invested the most time and money.

What I'm talking about is the way I'd like them to continue with the old business model but reduce the things you lose moving over from Skyrim. Any horse armour you buy in the Oblivion DLC store should still work in ES6 and DLC features like house building you've already paid for in Hearthfire, or whatever it was called, should be included too.
@Ovenall;
You know, now that I've imagined Geralt speaking in a batman mask I don't think I can unsee it. The voice is perfect!

Every WoW expansion doesn't actually release with all the content planned for it. The higher end raids and things open months later.

Just imagine if every WoW expansion was released as a full game where you have to start again every time then buy the raids as DLC. We wouldn't be up to 7 expansions. People would be sick of it.

That's why its taking so long for ES6, too. "Stop buying Skyrim", is what Bethsoft says. They can only hurt Skyrim sales giving you ES6 too soon.

I say update Skyrim with engine improvements and attach ES6 to it as an expansion marketed as a full game. I loved importing my characters through AD&D games. Every Skyrim player would love to import their main character.

You can start again too, there could be lower level leveling areas in ES6 zones. Just don't scale it like TESO. I get no enjoyment from the TESO progression system.

I prefer to CHOOSE a role to play

The only people who had a role to play were and are the actors who voice characters over.
The others simply select options that were already interpretated.

That's why its taking so long for ES6, too. "Stop buying Skyrim", is what Bethsoft says. They can only hurt Skyrim sales giving you ES6 too soon..
Don't see that happening anytime soon as Skyrim is still on the top ten seller list. It actually has been on that list for years. So yeah it's a cash cow at this point.:nod:

Based on that Steam link sales are close or beyond twenty million already.

I love all the pro-tips people have for some of the most successful games in history based on MMOs that have almost nothing in common with TES games ;)

As for what I would personally like to see, beyond improved writing - that would be expanded difficulty options. I think Survival in Fallout 4 went a long way to improve the experience - but it was a little too over-the-top in terms of time potentially lost.

I would like to see more of that sort of thing, but with options - like where and how you can save your progress.

Beyond that, I would love it if they reduced the amount of explorable locations - and instead poured more effort into the ones that they do create.

Instead of hundreds of dungeons - I would prefer dozens with a lot more depth and detail.

Interesting how suddenly some editors think that Bethesda should learn from competition… from W3, from Kingdom Come.. while Bethesda will do own thing as others already said here.

This guy dont want TES VI to be like Kingdom Come, just learn few things:

Well you have to remember journalist have banned mentioning, or even talking about Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I even visit a few forums that will ban you like ResetEra.

All because of Daniel Vávra and his views.

Interesting how suddenly some editors think that Bethesda should learn from competition… from W3, from Kingdom Come.. while Bethesda will do own thing as others already said here.

Right? We need designs variety, not clones of clones.
If Bethesda needs to learn something, from anyone, it's postrelease official support that's not spamming DLC but fixing numerous bugs. If FO4 had almost no bugs on release, there is no excuse for not implementing the same strategy in next elderscrolls games.
Well you have to remember journalist have banned mentioning, or even talking about Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I even visit a few forums that will ban you like ResetEra.

All because of Daniel Vávra and his views.
Censorship rarely brought anything good. Takes a special master artist to deal with it and not losing the point, for example hidden gore in Parasyte Maxim anime left to the watcher's imagination as if it was Hitchcock behind filming it. In most cases however, censored product loses it's soul. Especially when it's an article in case of journalism.

Sites that cannot simply say in a sort of footnote they don't share same political views with in this case Vavra, but are banning people should be completely ignored - assuming those are gaming and not politics sites.

Last edited:
Sites that cannot simply say in a sort of footnote they don't share same political views with in this case Vavra, but are banning people should be completely ignored - assuming those are gaming and not politics sites.
Gaming sites Joxer as some decided not to review his game.

Well I see no problem if a site chooses not to review a game.
I mean, all those hypocrites watched Polanski's movies, but didn't review any, right? ;)

Numerous people worked on developing KCD. It's not Vavra's own oneman made product.
Ignoring Vavra's statements about whatever, fine by me. Ignoring a product that will be goty contender for sure, only because of one person involved in making it is plain case of debilism.

That's why its taking so long for ES6, too. "Stop buying Skyrim", is what Bethsoft says. They can only hurt Skyrim sales giving you ES6 too soon.

A successfully received ES6 will spur sales for Skyrim, likely Oblivion and FO4.

TES is the power horse for Bethesda, it drives up all their sales.

Well you have to remember journalist have banned mentioning, or even talking about Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I think only few sites do this, right? They are lost case anyway.

I even visit a few forums that will ban you like ResetEra.

Do you mean community forums? Gaming community forums openly stated in their rules that they will ban anyone for mere MENTION of the game Kingdom Come? OMG. Are these ppl deep in some media asses or are they still mentally children?

I think only few sites do this, right? They are lost case anyway.
One or two major sites but mostly the smaller ones.
Do you mean community forums? Gaming community forums openly stated in their rules that they will ban anyone for mere MENTION of the game Kingdom Come? OMG. Are these ppl deep in some media asses or are they still mentally children?

Yes I'm off-topic here I know everyone who is not interested.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom