What games are you playing now?

The bug is not the text. The bug is ability to win it. You should lose that brawl.
But a few of us posted ages ago that winning there is not a desirable outcome, didn't we?

On the other hand, it's still possible because lockpicks are missable in the starting area that the quest was changed but wasn't polished. Can't know that, sorry.

I tried the Doom 2016 demo because the game is on sale for $10 on steam… didn't like it. Even though I'm a shooter fan, I don't really like arena style shooters, and especially ones with so much "verticality", where you are jumping up and down to get to other parts of the level a lot. The thing that totally killed it for me though was no quick saves, checkpoint saves only. I dislike checkpoints, but they can work if spaced correctly and generously. Doom has long-ass stretches with no checkpoints, where you will lose a lot of progress in pure time spent playing if you get unlucky or get to a frustrating, difficult section. Then you will have to repeat large chunks of the game or use cheat codes like god mode to get past them, forget that.

More Monster Hunter World, for me!

I reckon the monsters schedules are more complex than the NPC schedules in an Elder Scrolls game. Monsters have a home nest and a favourite type of prey to eat and rival monsters they don't like and will attack. You use all this to your advantage while hunting them. You can even use monsters as transport.

The game is awesome. Maybe the best game ever.

The 48% score in steam reviews is like Diablo3 user scores all over again.

Also, the "game ready" drivers are bugged and make the Rotten Vale run at about 15fps. Rolled back to 398.36 to fix it.

The ugliest screenshot I've seen in my life and it's not even real.

Well, it's hard to take screenshots in the middle of the action. But here's a few from my recent adventures. They're extra real; just the way you like 'em!

Af1HX8q.jpg

ySoAgZ7.jpg

y01JtQQ.jpg

5UKVDPw.jpg

nNkX1VD.jpg

T4icpTs.jpg

vuvEQwJ.jpg

I don't get the appeal to kill innocent animals / and unique monsters / dragons.. it's somewhat better than killing realistic animals (that i don't care for the least). Sure i don't mind the occasional dragon or wolf in fantasy games, but to only hunt for monsters, wow, what a boring setup for a game.
PC version seems terrible too, saw someone trying to review it but it was so buggy that he couldn't play through it.

@vurt;
You don't have to kill the innocent animals, though the monsters will! There are vegetarian options at the canteen. As you upgrade the canteen with more ingredients you can make some nice custom dishes and finding "fresh" veggies is much more valuable than harvesting meat (which only drops off the docile, innocent animals)

As for bugs, the mulitplayer drops you back to offline fairly often but I think that's because the servers are being hammered from the 300,000 players.

I haven't had a single crash (even with alt-tabbing in and out) in the big 10 hour sessions I played over the weekend.

The only issue I had was was poor performance because Nvidias drivers break the game. I'm not sure why there's no hotfix yet.

Just hunting monsters doesn't sound that fun and watching streams doesn't look that fun but it will suck you right in when you play. The story is actually better than I thought. You really feel part of something. An important part!

Also, if you do get dropped back to offline you stay on the same quest, even if it was someone else's quest that you joined. You can repeat quests.

Probably also worth mentioning I like multiplayer games and especially co-op boss fights so it's right up my alley. :)

Last edited:
I tried the Doom 2016 demo because the game is on sale for $10 on steam… didn't like it. Even though I'm a shooter fan, I don't really like arena style shooters, and especially ones with so much "verticality", where you are jumping up and down to get to other parts of the level a lot. The thing that totally killed it for me though was no quick saves, checkpoint saves only. I dislike checkpoints, but they can work if spaced correctly and generously. Doom has long-ass stretches with no checkpoints, where you will lose a lot of progress in pure time spent playing if you get unlucky or get to a frustrating, difficult section. Then you will have to repeat large chunks of the game or use cheat codes like god mode to get past them, forget that.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone complain about verticality in a game. To me, it only adds to the potential of the level design and gives you more areas to explore.

Also, I'm not sure if the demo is different in some way, but I played through 3/4 of the full game and can't recall a single instance where I thought the checkpoints were too far apart.

Already ran into another bug. When tasked to get the money Kuresh owes to your father, I chose to just choke him out and loot him. He doesn't have any money on him so I took his chest key. But when I opened his chest with the key, I still got the quest to get a lockpick to open it.

Nothing major, but I'm suprised it's still there at this point.

Hehe, nice - I never even considered that option. Then again, I didn't know about takedowns until a while into the game. Now I have to try that one :)

I think there's a bunch of stuff tied into the tutorial that will probably pop-up regardless of your actions. It's a looong tutorial - because the game has a ton of systems and mechanics. Since the game wants you to learn lockpicking - I don't think it's really a bug. They just didn't bother to change the text for that particular scenario - and there are other locked chests in the tutorial area that you can pick with the lockpicks from Fritz.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like how there's multiple ways to solve quests. You'd think that would be a given in RPGs by now, but unfortunately it's not. Hopefully that stays consistent throughout the game.

On a different attempt to collect Kunesh's debt…
I was witnessed stealing his axe, and I chose to go to jail since I didn't have enough money to pay the fine anyways. Turns out, if you get tossed in jail prior to the village being attacked, you starve to death because there's apparently no one left to set you free.

I'm going to necro the KCD thread in the general RPG forum so we're not clogging up this thread.

I too have KCD on my wish list but ESO is taking all my time right now but seeing all the praises here makes want to play it!

Well, it's hard to take screenshots in the middle of the action. But here's a few from my recent adventures. They're extra real; just the way you like 'em!
Man, I'm enjoying Yakuza 0. No way I could ever replace that gem with such garbage.
Speaking of Yakuza 0, Chapter 2 is full of sidequests, some you get on the street, some you need to visit a place a buy/eat/play stuff 1-3 times to open them. And OMG I was laughing like a maniac in each and every one of them, I adore this game!

Well, except dancing minigame that leads also to dancing "duel" sidequest. Winning it leads to another "duel"… That second one I couldn't win. Why?
Imagine a minigame where controls are WASDIJKL and arrows. Not or. And. 12 different keys to control an erratic minigame.
WTF is this Sega?!
ESO is taking all my time right now
If your aim was to make me depressed today, you've succeeded.

Start saving $ for GPU. The rumor is next nvidia generation will be cca 50% stronger than the current one and the current one is more than enough for everything - thus will get cheaper and even more affordable. No you don't need 1080, you don't even need 1070 - I have it and it's overpowered, 1060 is at least 100€ cheaper and still runs everything. Not on 4K, but then again, it's PC, not phone.
You can still play anything with only 8 Gb of RAM and it's wild price should go down soon.
SSD prices are lower and lower every day.
CPU doesn't have to be i9 or threadripper, those are ment for hotel owners and whales that spend thousands in phonegames. You should get any i5 or R5 and that's it.

Don't do that. 99.99% of those are from beta where nothing was balanced and halberds/spears were still a thing.

Ha ha, man, I still run AMD Radeon HD 5700 and 4GB of RAM :D

Needing to drink a bottle of schnapps to save your game is a curious design decision. Seems redundant to me, but I'm guessing it never becomes a big factor.

You don't really need it. Game saves when you quit so you can quit and come back to save the game. It's tedious but it works. That or just install the mod that lets you save whenever you want. Unfortunately I couldn't do that in my PS4 version.

I highly recommend NOT using the unlimited save mod. It goes counter to the intended design.

It would be like playing Alien Isolation or Dead Space with unlimited quick saves.

I'll confirm that. Unlimited save mod was a life savior when the game was released and bugs could kill your progress while saves were hours old. But even then, at certain point of the game you'd be swimming in schnapps where the mod became obsolete.
The mod is not needed any more.

Alternating between too many games lately:

XCOM2 - Played a new campaign with my nephew. Got about halfway before his visit with us was over. It was a blast, he's only 10 but has all the mechanics down and even impresses me with some strategic input during the battles that I wouldn't have thought of.

Hyper Light Drifter - Time-killer on my train commute to and from work. Was stuck on a fight for so long and stopped playing but finally beat it on my way to work today. Yay!

Hero-U - Train commute game #2. Was really immersed with this for a few days but lost steam after a lull in activities in the game. Apparently I need to push on and more interesting events with start happening. Will give this another run today.

KCD - Taking a break from this for some reason. It's great but I don't have enough time right now to invest myself fully. I feel like this is the type of game I need a lot of time for. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the fall.

Dark Souls 3 - On my second playthrough, but mostly it's just easy and fun to pick up and help some other players in co-op mode so that's always a go-to when I'm not feeling inspired with any other games.

Yeah, I like how there's multiple ways to solve quests. You'd think that would be a given in RPGs by now, but unfortunately it's not. Hopefully that stays consistent throughout the game.

On a different attempt to collect Kunesh's debt…
I got all of Kuneshs belongings
meaning his hammer, keys and nails. After he refused to hand the stuff over I continued the conversation with an agressive tone. It got me into a fight with my fists. Which I won. :)

Man, I'm enjoying Yakuza 0. No way I could ever replace that gem with such garbage.
Speaking of Yakuza 0, Chapter 2 is full of sidequests, some you get on the street, some you need to visit a place a buy/eat/play stuff 1-3 times to open them. And OMG I was laughing like a maniac in each and every one of them, I adore this game!
Yeah, it's very entertaining. I'm still on chapter 2 running around doing sidequests, too. I beat Mr Shakedown. I usually hate sidequests because you're helping nobodies with rubbish. Witcher3 was full of that crap. But when they're all hilarious like Yakuza 0 it makes me want to seek them out. Was the perfect game to get me through the week before MHW launch.
Well, except dancing minigame that leads also to dancing "duel" sidequest. Winning it leads to another "duel"… That second one I couldn't win. Why?
Imagine a minigame where controls are WASDIJKL and arrows. Not or. And. 12 different keys to control an erratic minigame.
WTF is this Sega?!
I only tried the dancing once. Not into it. I thought you just used the Dpad and A button? Anyway, Sega says real Yakuza use a gamepad. :p

So, after deciding to put KCD on hold for a bit, I had to find something else - and I didn't want anything too similar, as I want KCD to be a fresh experience when I have the time to delve into it properly.

After trying a few games, I remembered that the new Tomb Raider is supposed to come out next month, and I never finished the last one.

I did complete the first Tomb Raider (the reboot of 2013) and found it to be decent enough, if nothing too interesting. The story turned out to be rather silly - but it had just enough gameplay to make me go all the way through it.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is better overall, I find.

For one, it's INCREDIBLY pretty. Some of the locations are just a wonder to behold - and it's surely one of the most visually impressive games of all time.

Secondly, it has even more of the stuff I like. Quite a bit of meaningful exploration - and they've added more actual tombs. I'm not a huge fan of the puzzles - as they're pretty derivative of each other, but it's ok. Not too taxing and not too easy - and they're integrated well with the environment.

But the core gameplay is pretty solid. There's enough stealth to make me happy - as I'm a sneaky bastard when I can be - and there's enough RPG progression as well.

Steam was nice enough to keep my savegame from last time in the Cloud - and I'm happy that I don't have to start over, because I've already done the first few hours 2-3 times before.

I'll see if I can't manage to finish this, so I'm ready for the next game.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is supposed to take place in Latin America - with a lot of Mayan stuff - which is one of my very favorite settings. Like Black Marsh in Tamriel - I'm a huge fan of Jungle/Swamp areas - and I understand that they're going to expand both the tomb raiding and the underwater sections.

That's music to my ears.

Furthermore, they put Eidos Montreal in charge of development - and they made the last two Deus Ex games, which isn't exactly a bad pedigree.

Back
Top Bottom