What games are you playing now?

CM and I took an MP NWN2 mod for a quick spin. She was terribly upset when she found a Barn, opened the door and found she was unable to go inside!! :)

Elvira 2
The walkthrough I have is annoying but still, im trying to rush it before Jade Empire pops up.

Titan Quest
I have reached Babylon. Im playing it through network with my girlfriend. Preparing for Immortal Throne. It's certainly a game I would not play on my own.

Space Rangers 2
Playing once in awhile, grabbing some more money through missions. Im kind of lost what I am supposed to do though.

On the harddrive but on hold:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
The game crashes mid-through Mission 4. Hoping that the upcoming Nvidia drivers will fix this.

Call of Juarez
The game have graphic issues on 8800gtx cards, so i am hoping the nvidia drivers will solve this.

Final Fantasy VII
All character models in the game are black on my main computer. I do not have this problem on my laptop. I assume the new nvidia drivers will solve this.

Jade Empire
Yeah, everything else had to break for it.

Funny, I started to replay Jade Empire this afternoon :).

juarez is a spanish/mexican name. one of the main characters billy is mexican who has a medallion that may lead to aztec gold. i think i found the call of juarez though...
http://www.badgerwest.com/images/JuarezGoldTeqFamily.jpg

this game has interested me from the demo days but i refuse to pay more than budget prices for a shooter...save bioshock of course.

Im ok with shooters if they deliver a strong story.

For the past couple weeks, I've been playing FastCrawl and Hoyle Card Games while listening to Vertigo (gazer internet radio). I think I'm almost ready to make a time commitment to a new game. If I can track down DivDiv this weekend, that will probably be next. If not, I might take another swing at ToEE.

Im ok with shooters if they deliver a strong story.

I played and finished Call of Juarez. It does have a good story and was overall a very enjoyable game.
What I don't get is how all those reviews said that 50% of the game is great (the Reverend Ray parts) and 50% of the game pretty sucky (the Billy parts) because of "endless stealth missions" etc.
What the hell were those reviewers smoking? As far as I can remember, there are exactly two missions in the game where sneaking/stealth is a must. One is the very first mission where you have to sneak out of town (which is done in under 5 minutes) and the other one is the mission from the demo where you have to get by that grumpy farmer to steal the saddle (which is also done in under 5 minutes). That's it.
The long escape mission (also from the demo) where you have to pass the Indian (Apache) camps does not require stealth. I killed every single Apache along the way.
The one single mission that was really a bit long and tedious was...

... the one you got from that chief where you had to steal the eggs from that eagle on top of that one mountain. The mission that was basically a jump and run exercise.

Not sure what else was wrong with the Billy missions. Sure, Reverend Ray is the much cooler character, of course, but strictly from a gameplay point of view, the missions were about equally entertaining.
There most definitely weren't any "excessive stealth missions" as some reviewers put it. Those guys must have written their reviews after a) playing only the demo and not the full game and b) not having figured out that shooting the Apaches was 100% a viable alternative to sneaking past them. D'oh...

As far as your SCDA problem is concerned, JemyM, you could try to append " -LL" (make sure there's a blank in front of the "-") to your SCDA shortcut. It's supposed to fix incompatibilities with the 8800 series of cards. Maybe it'll fix your issue, too? Do you have an 8800 card?

Last edited:
Well, I lately stumbled upon a game that was resting on my shelf for quite some time now - I wasn't quite sure why I had never touched it - untill I gave it a try yesterday. I am talking about Mistmare, a game that scored a glorious 1.7 on Gamespot. After all this is a rather favourable rating, and quite flattering for such a piece of complete BS. Don't get me wrong, the story seems to be rather nice, and quite original, but the gameplay is so incredibly sucky that the average player does usually feel the urge to strangle the programmers of this piece of garbage with his mouse cord after five minutes of playing. After ten minutes the average player is about to strangle himself...
Well, long story short... I kicked it from my hard drive and installed Arx Fatalis, a game which I haven't played for quite some time... my memories about it are rather positive.

Interesting you mention that ... I had heard it was bad, but after having played through [PC]Dungeon Lords, Restricted Area, Metalheart, [PSP] Ys Ark of Nephitshim, Generation of Chaos, and [DS] Lunar Dragon Song I thought I had built up solid +4 armor against really crappy games ... I didn't make it all the way through the demo ...

OK, what am I playing now ... well, I'm away from the laptop with Night Watch, so after finishing the first three Sam & Max episodes I am replaying Jedi Knight II and also just started replaying ToEE as well.

Medieval conquest - like Majesty, but not as good. Like, half as good.
NwN II

Got a couple days of nothing but time devoted to PC games, yay!

my recent games:

11 / 2006 Gothic 3
12 / 2006 Neverwinter Nights 2 & annual Fallout 2 replay (Fan patched)
1 / 2007 Darkness over Daggerford and other NW1 Premium Modules
2 / 2007 Genefoge 4
3 / 2007 Jade Empire & Dark Star One

plan:
4 / 2007 Spellforce 2 - Addon: Dragon Storm

I played and finished Call of Juarez.

Unfortunately the game doesn't show a release here until June ...

On the PC I'm finishing up Night Watch and have started in on Jade Empire. The controls on Jade are quite good, and it all looks nice. I'm also on Yavin in my replay of Jedi Knight II ...

Also finishing up Lunar Knights on the DS, another cool little jRPG with some fun action elements. My GBA still has Mazes of Fate going strong, quite a nice game still but with a few bugs here and there.

The PSP is ramping up ... I'm finishing up Legend of Heroes III, and just starting with Scarface: Money. Power. Respect, The Warriors, and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.

Whew ...

sudeki-been wanting to get a hold of this game for a couple of years as i enjoy some console style rpgs but their aren't to many on the pc and i haven't owned a console in this millenium. its way better than i expected though so far--very fun. i can't even think of any real-time party rpg that doesn't at least have a pause function. you can switch on the fly between the 4 characters, 2 of which are ranged and operate in first-person mode. you can access inventory items and your 'skills' which are basically spells that operate automaticly once 'cast'. so its kind of like it has a pause but the battle is still going when you are in your menu it just moves at a very slow speed. the graphics are cartoonish somwhat in the vein of world of warcraft even mores so than say final fantasy. but the world is detailed and their are only loading zones when you enter buildings which only take a second or two. its almost even kind of an adventure game as the four different charcters are quite unique and have special skills that some 'puzzles' require their use.

On the PC I'm finishing up Night Watch
How did you like Night Watch? Did you see the movie? I enjoyed the movie, but never got the game after being unimpressed by the demo.

I saw the movie and read the book. The game is typical Silent Storm engine stuff - good turn-based combat linked together with flimsy plot stuff. The game uses a mixed interpretation of stuff between movie and book, and is really not as terrible as the reviews say. But having a desire to like it and a penchant for turn-based combat really helps.

BTW - if you haven't read the book you should, it is the best of the three.

Fable

I'm honestly surprised. Fable is actually a very good game! All this time I belived fable to be another mindless action game. Sure it is action-heavy and yes character development is not deep, but the game is FUN. Not to mention moral system is very well implemented. And the world of Fable feels totally fresh and orginal. Devs didn't just take few fantasy cliches and put them together,.. No, they created an unique world. It is sort of a mixture good old fairytales and serious fantasy. :) And many rpg games have been blamed that characters are one-dimensional questcards. This is not the case with Fable.

In my opinion Fable succeeds because it is not even TRYING TO BE A SERIOUS RPG GAME. It admits this fact right from the begining. Instead a game like oblivion tries everything to CHEAT player to belive something which isn't true. This is really funny because even a light rpg game such as Fable offers player a choise of good and evil. It reminds us that every decision we take has a consequence.

Though it is crystal clear to see how Fable could have been so much more. It is nowhere near a classic game status like Peter Molyneux hyped, but then again who takes him literaly anyway :biggrin: . Still one has to admire his ambition. I hope they manage to make Fable 2 the game he wanted fable 1 to be.

Last edited:
Mount & Blade and Septerra Core

I downloaded the first one after seeing how praised it was here on the forums, and true enough, I'm having much fun with it. Playing as a horse archer and am pretty good at it, seeing as 1/3 of my hits are head-shots, and I'm responsible for about 1/4 of my enemies' deaths. But yeah, I'm only at 62% difficulty, since i just started it. In any case, I discovered the Couched Lance maneuver with my second character, and it's a blast. Will probably buy it soon. :)

The second I found when searching through an old box of computer magazines from 2002 and found this little baby on the CD of one of the magazines. I'm excited to play it again, because I did only play it once when I was 12, and quit it when I reached a dead point. Foolish as I was, I deleted it and didn't uninstall it, so couldn't play it anymore afterwards (until I bought a new computer 2 years ago, but by then it was collecting dust). It's just as I remember it, only with stinkier graphics, but it doesn't bother me at all. Haven't really dwelve into it, barely gave it 3 hours or so, but I'm hopefully going to try and finish it in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom