|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Anime Discussion Thread

Default Anime Discussion Thread

July 21st, 2018, 21:41
Godzilla 2 is on Netflix. I really liked the first one. I'm not completely sure what were the reasons, but a big one was the art style I think (same one as used in Sidonia and Ajin, maybe it is from the same people as those).

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

July 23rd, 2018, 22:28
Finished Your Lie in April. An amazing experience. It's without any action but manages to be engaging throughout (and depressing). I'm a bit in a black hole now, maybe I should wait a bit before starting the next show.

Thinking of indeed taking a peek at Crunchyroll's free content, e.g., for Nodame Cantabile and Yuri on ice. I see it has an Android TV app so I can watch things on a big screen. Alternatively, Netflix has added so many anime shows the past 3 months which I can delve into:
- one punch man
- those fate shows (confusing titles those have)
- B: The beginning
- Erased
- Violed evergarden
- Children of the Whales
- Charlotte
- Asterisk war
- Parasite
- Psycho pass (really want to see this but only has french subtitles)
- …
Hmm, I feel like watching some Bleach. Netflix ended with season 2, I suppose crunchyroll has the remaining 20 seasons or so.

@darth Cowboy Bebop could be described as a kind of animated firefly (or some say, what firefly could have been).

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 23rd, 2018, 23:01
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
- Psycho pass (really want to see this but only has french subtitles)
Learn French and do it!!!! The first season is great.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

July 24th, 2018, 08:07
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Thinking of indeed taking a peek at Crunchyroll's free content, e.g., for Nodame Cantabile and Yuri on ice.
Nodame Cantabile is one of my all-time favorites. It's all about the (classical) music and the love for music. Very inspiring. If you yearn for more after watching this, I can highly recommend two live-action music-themed movies: August Rush and The Red Violin.

And for an anime series about acting instead of music, there's Glass Mask. Circus and acrobatics: Kaleido Star.

I tried Yuri on Ice once but couldn't get into it.
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

July 25th, 2018, 15:16
I actually (should) know French! It is just too much effort watching and translating

Thanks for the suggestions, better jot those Japanese titles down. They are hard to remember…

I installed the crunchyroll app. First of all bleach is not available:
"Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."
then I was excited as I found Nodame Cantabile. However, it is not the anime version (which I assume there is) but a live action version of the manga!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/nodame-cantabile-drama

Does the paid version of crunchyroll ofter more content, or are licensing limitations per region the only factor?

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 25th, 2018, 15:29
Paid version will not lift region restriction. On any platform.
If it says something is not available in your neighborhood, no amount of $ will solve it. Sadly, they don't want your money. Go figure.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

July 25th, 2018, 16:17
Yes, was wondering if the free version would limit the content even more, but apparantly not.

And of course you are wrong, some amount of $ will solve it. About $12 per month to be exact, or even free if you can tolerate some quirkiness. I'm trying that latter option for a week. Seems I can watch bleach after all.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 30th, 2018, 19:31
Episode 2 of AOT seasons 2 is out and I'm reading comments from people who were not spoiled certain plot points since they were revealed in the manga years ago…

It's better than actually watching the show itself.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

August 23rd, 2018, 17:07
Watch Laid-Back Camp. It is everything I want in a show. If they don't make another season I will be super bummed.

eva89

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Anime Discussion Thread