Gaming BS of the week

Months after new generation of GPUs, with everyone and their mother now using SSD, in a year where noone uses less than 4 cores CPU for gaming…
30 FPS lock?

Not only it fits this thread, if there will be some top bullshit of the year list, that code deserves one of top 3 spots. It caused (quote Justified):
A shitstorm of biblical proportions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mafia3/comments/566ijs/30fpscap_megathread/

EDIT:
https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/
We know how important having options that best suit your PC’s performance capabilities are. The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia III’s performance is consistent across all platforms, and right now the game runs at a solid 30 frames-per-second. We are currently working on an update for PC that will give players the option to play Mafia III at higher framerates. We’ll share more details about the update, and when you can expect it to arrive, very soon.
At least they didn't pull out "cinematic experience" card.

Seems that the release did not come just with FPS lock. People are reporting crashes, UI problems and grainy textures:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/360430/.

I bet buyers are already yelling "worse than Arkham Knight!".

Last edited:
Imagine a phonegame that needs 2Gb of RAM to work.
Can you? You don't game on phones?
Neither do I, so imagine a game on PC with 2Gb of RAM required. Skyrim, right? Okay, now Skyrim on phones is not really possible because of other requirements, but let's keep concentrated on RAM part.

Now imagine it's not a game we're discussing here, but just an utility. What kind of utility it might possibly be to ask for so much? Galaxy map of all Milkway stars where we can explore it in 3D? Sadly, no.
https://mspoweruser.com/facebook-messenger-apps-windows-10-mobile-now-demands-2-gb-ram/

Not saying I'll stop spiting on bad consoleports on PC, but when it comes to coding and optimization in general, this is a new low. Knowing who it came from isn't that suprising, but still they could do better.

It's not about styles but paying 90 dollars just to see virtual bra and boobs.

It's not about styles but paying 90 dollars just to see virtual bra and boobs.

I understood that. Just some free associations from me.

Pibbur who has a tendency to talk about something completely different.

Streaming videogames so people forget those are supposed to be played and not watched on TV like professional sports was a bullshit since it started.
As if twitch and youtube streams weren't enough, now Microsoft decided everyone needs another streaming garbage as a part of the bloatware in windows 10:
http://www.pcgamer.com/built-in-game-streaming-is-coming-to-windows-10/

The sad thing is that there are people out there who will still accept this GFWL 2.0 "feature". Meanwhile, I'm off to play civ6 some more.

Another thing I'll happily ignore.

I know that many people like watching let's play videos. But personally, I don't get it. I can't imagine I'd ever sit down watching one. Or standing. Come to think of it, I can't imagine I'd watch one from any body position.

But obviously many like them, good for them. I have of course no problems with that.

pibbur who is getting oldish and grumpish.

Last edited:
Watching people play is not for me either but it's hardly BS. Some people really enjoy watching them.

I don't really see the difference between watching e-sports and other "professional sports". Let's not forget that physical sports are also supposed to be played, not watched. And look at how many people watch the Super Bowl, NFL, FIFA World Cup or the Olympic Games.

That said, while Let's Play videos are related, they also have a slightly different purpose, at least from my point of view: I like watching them before trying out a new game I know nothing about.

Otherwise.. yeah, I don't make it a habit of watching other people play, one way or another.

Just to add to the thread as it seems Microsoft thinks offline gaming is not mandatory, and are instead offering gamers a limited opportunity with its new window store.
Microsoft announces the addition of a mode to play Windows 10 games without an internet connection, a far cry from the old days where offline play was a given and online support was a feature. They outline the limitations this carries, as not all games will support offline play. They also point out the obvious points that multiplayer play and patching are not available offline. Users must specify in advance the device to be used for offline play, a designation that can be changed up to three times a year. They warn: "If you’re planning on playing offline, you’ll need to prepare your Windows 10 device while you have an online connection. It’s important that you do this while you’re online, as once you go offline, you won’t be able to make these changes."
Reminds me of the old PC DRM that developers used where you could only activate a game three times before you had to call customer service just to play the game.:disappointed:

Last edited:
Activision+Microsoft pull out BS on CoD PC version:

I can't believe they still think that GFWL 2 rubbish is good for games.

I c^nt believe they'd do this.

Back
Top Bottom