|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » Witcher2 computer help

Default Witcher2 computer help

April 3rd, 2011, 19:46
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
Alrik, you must be German. I never met any people so sensitive to the ecological matters as the Germans.
Yes I am. And I must honestly say that your "profiling" surprises/surprised me. I never thought it that way. I was simply assuming other nations would be equally sensitive towards ecological matters …
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 3rd, 2011, 20:02
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Yes I am. And I must honestly say that your "profiling" surprises/surprised me. I never thought it that way. I was simply assuming other nations would be equally sensitive towards ecological matters …
Yes we are. Only not like the Germans.
Well there's a personal story. I went to Germany in 1988 and I was completely astonished with my German girlfriend and her "ecological" sensibility. If she saw, for example, a car which was stopped without the engine off in a railway level crossing waiting for the train to pass, she would talk to that driver and convince him/her to stop the engine. She explained me that the Germans where very concerned with what happened with the Black Forest.
I really didn't want to argue her, and said naturally she was right. And to be honest she was.

Von Paulus

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 4th, 2011, 11:08
Just get an Asus G73. Recent models have all had amazing money: performance ratio.
Last edited by Maylander; April 5th, 2011 at 14:58.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 4th, 2011, 13:03
Alrik you forgot the American way is to consume and damn the consequences. We have proven it many times. Most live in our own world and dont realize the problems we face now. We have over 20 million jobless and hear how so many jobs are being made and its improving.

Just look at the economy and all the tax and price raises on everything. I think things will only get worse before getting better. The next 20 years dont look so good.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

April 4th, 2011, 14:51
Here we are currently struggling with the approach to let new jobs appear by building up an ecology-driven industry (right wording ?).
Some strongly believe this'll be the future, others don't.
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 4th, 2011, 16:11
Here we are currently struggling with the approach to let new jobs appear by building up an ecology-driven industry (right wording ?).
Some strongly believe this'll be the future, others don't.
Its a good goal but most of the industry probably dont care. One thing that needs to happen is we need to get rid of oil. It will never happen till the last drop is used up though. The Mayor of Chicago did a good job of promoting green policies but time will tell.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

April 4th, 2011, 16:24
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Alrik you forgot the American way is to consume and damn the consequences. We have proven it many times. Most live in our own world and dont realize the problems we face now.
That would have actually made more sense if you said humans in general.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

April 5th, 2011, 14:00
Yeah, sadly humans are so - except the ntives, of course - because they have learned to live with what they have - rather than exploiting their environments.

They are in this respect much like the TDE Elves : had once a full high culture, then fell down, and learned the hard way to live with what they have … An example would be the Anasazi
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 8th, 2011, 04:32
Thank you all…
I live in Canada and things are a little more priced here in general. Us price would be around 1600.00 not worth the 6 hour drive to me at this point.
In years past I built my systems to the whatever was the newest and greatest at that moment …but like I stated I haven't followed systems in many many years.
Put pricing and brand name aside will the specs on the system run games for a year or two without running into system requirements not met! Like on this laptop…
I have played a few RPGs on the PS3 and well on the 60" tv is nice…I would like to be able to play real games again and on the road…
Thanks once again to everyone …
Or should i go to my parents and dig out my C64 and play Ulimta four again….

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 8th, 2011, 04:50
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
Or should i go to my parents and dig out my C64 and play Ulimta four again….
No need. You can always buy the new C64.
http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/116/1160181p1.html

Von Paulus

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 8th, 2011, 11:49
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
No need. You can always buy the new C64.
http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/116/1160181p1.html
Kind of cool I guess, but I don't really see the purpose of it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

April 8th, 2011, 14:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Kind of cool I guess, but I don't really see the purpose of it.
Retro is cool.

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I find it funny that people claim it will run The Witcher 2 very well when the game haven't been released yet. The system requirements are the same as Metro 2033, you could try to find people who played Metro 2033 on the same laptop and see how well it went.
It seems there's someone reporting that the preview build, run max 25fps in Asus laptop with i7 with Mobility Radeon 5870 and 8GB of RAM on medium settings.
The site is in Polish.
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,1071…mia010211&bo=1

Expect a better optimization with he final version, but never knows.
I thought I should report it here.

Von Paulus

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » Witcher2 computer help