Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Gameplay Video

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new gameplay video has been made available for Wolcen.

Next to that there is also information about the beta.

As explained in the last news, the Beta transition will be handled in 2 phases of testing before we release it for everyone. The goal of these tests is to experiment the brand new content we prepared for you and ensure that the network and servers are handling it properly. Once the experience is stable and satisfying, we will release the Beta.

Phase 1 starts in a few days now, on October 11th, and we wanted to inform you regarding the content you’ll be able to test for the first week of this technical Beta.
Besides that the update contains various information about weapons, skills, creaturs, hubs, dungeons and multiplayer information.

Since the main goal of this technical Beta is to see how the game reacts on our servers in Multiplayer, you will be able to experience the game with your friends! In the future, we will implement a matchmaking functionality so you can automatically find a group and play with other players, but for this version, you will only be able to add friends in your friend list if you wish to play with other players. This list is dissociated from Steam, so you will have to add your friends manually.

We will tell you how this system works exactly next week with the T-Beta launch news.
And about the beta:

We have decided to remove the story from the Beta content(coming after phase 2) to make a pure Gameplay Beta. This will allow us to deploy the content in regular patches as we move towards the release of the game, and drive the Beta tests on a pure gameplay aspect. That way, you will have regular new features to experiment through time.

The Gameplay Beta will allow you to explore all the different environments of the Act I, without being driven by the story. An NPC will be available in Stormfall to allow you to travel through the different maps, and the enemies will be scaled to your level (or the level of the party leader if you're in Multiplayer).

Of course, we will tell you more about the Beta content, as we approach its release date.
More information.

I’m looking forward to this game and plan on getting it...but am I the only one who thinks the environments shown in the video are basically indistinguishable from similar games like Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, and even Diablo 3? I totally understand they are trying to show a “world in peril” thing so I’m not looking for rainbows and sandcastles, but maybe something other than obligatory woodland road with split rail fence and dark hallways 1-10 that seem to be so prevalent in the action rpg genre.

Maybe I’m just getting tired of the whole “grimdark” motif...

I get that feeling too. I'm also a bit put off by that oversized warhammer. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this game.

Looks smooth, good combat feel, probably only second to Diablo. But imo this genre has become a bit stale recently.

Wolcen and WarHammer:Chaosbane are really the only two games I'm looking forward to.

But I think Wolcen has the edge, cause it's going to support modding :)

]Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Update #85 - Technical Beta Phase Two Live
Phase 2 is now available, let's see all the nice additions we made for this new testing phase. I also want to share a bit of future acts progression, and invite you to share your questions and vote for the next video.
General information regarding T-Beta Phase 2

Is it representative of the Beta or the final game?

No. The Technical Beta has limited content on purpose and doesn't reflect the Beta or the final game. Everything you will experience is still a work in progress.

What are we testing?

For this phase, our technical focus will be on the stability of the 14 international servers and on the ability to join a pending game with your friends. These 14 servers are spread to ensure that everyone throughout the world can have a low latency, don’t hesitate to let us know if you have latency issues and specify your region.

How long will the TB-2 be available?

The servers are open from November 22nd to December 6th, 2018.

Back
Top Bottom