Prey - Expansion on the Moon?

Gloo everywhere to find more trashmob respawns gets DLC?
Oh I'm so excited.

Not.

Oh I'm so excited.

Not.
I never understood that criticism.
The game is so easy there is no need to grind areas for any kind of loot (THAT should be the common criticism). And when you do need to return to an area for story reasons, isn't it far better to at least have something to shoot at instead of just walking through emptiness?
After all, there is supposed to be an invasion - would be kinda silly if you could just clean the station.

Besides, the respawning enemies are fairly rare, actually. A once cleaned map will have very little respawning enemies, far less than it had originally. And in some areas I am certain that nothing ever respawned.

when you do need to return to an area for story reasons
That's exactly the game's weakest point.
Returning just because playtime needs to be prolonged with annoying filler.
isn't it far better to at least have something to shoot at instead of just walking through emptiness?
Matter of tastes I guess.
Some people want to roleplay french maid so they can clean dust over and over till they die. I kinda get bored fast when it's the only option. If I wiped something clean, then I don't want to see the same mess as if I never did anything.

I never understood that criticism.
The game is so easy there is no need to grind areas for any kind of loot (THAT should be the common criticism). And when you do need to return to an area for story reasons, isn't it far better to at least have something to shoot at instead of just walking through emptiness?
After all, there is supposed to be an invasion - would be kinda silly if you could just clean the station.

Besides, the respawning enemies are fairly rare, actually. A once cleaned map will have very little respawning enemies, far less than it had originally. And in some areas I am certain that nothing ever respawned.

There's nothing to understand when it comes to joxer. For some reason he feels compelled to troll any thread about Prey and repeat the same things over and over. ;)

Plot twist: the Moon is a mimic!
And JDR stops it from destroying Earth with a glue gun.

Oh I'm so excited.

Not.
But you understand that there is no infinite respawn (as in Diablo-Clones)? Mobs only respawn after story advancement (a little bit like in Gothic after chapters). The only exception is a certain very special "mob".

I do not usually enjoy re-spawning enemies but in the case of Prey it made sense and was not done randomly in my view, as it is done in many other games. I also did not find any of the storyline, including which has us re-visit earlier areas, as filler. Prey was a very good game.

I am mixed on whether or not I would want to play an expansion. If it is long enough -- not just a few hours -- and a storyline of its own (plus of course if it is done well), then I would be interested. I find that most expansions, though, are too short, completed before getting much into it.

Pleasantly surprised. I thought prey was highly underrated and wish it had sold better. To be honest prey could use some adjustments but the writing was very good and the 'idea' (story/game mechanics) were very good - just needed some tuning and balance love. Of course no clue if the expansion will be near the same quality.

Back
Top Bottom