Risen - Q&A @ PixelRage

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PixelRage sends word of a (very) short Q&A with Piranha Bytes' artist Ralf Marcinczik about Risen. No new revelations about the gameplay but we do find out the development is a good way along:
Pixel : When are we going to see Risen / what is the current status ?
Ralf Marczinczik : We are entering the polishing and debugging phase with alarming speed.
More information.

You have tremendous detail in the world- and lot´s of stuff to explore. And all this is set by hand. No random elements like some other games.

WOOT! Sounds like a return to Gothics 1 and 2, one of the things I liked best about them was that the loot was all well thought out. Some fairly tight (in the early game) but manageable resources without excessive waste and carrying endless identical items back to sell for gold that quickly became meaningless, with some high powered items potentially available early on for those willing to venture into the dangerous areas and try and run and grab something cool.

Random chest drops (especially level capped stuff) sucks arse IMO.

WOOT! Sounds like a return to Gothics 1 and 2, one of the things I liked best about them was that the loot was all well thought out. Some fairly tight (in the early game) but manageable resources without excessive waste and carrying endless identical items back to sell for gold that quickly became meaningless, with some high powered items potentially available early on for those willing to venture into the dangerous areas and try and run and grab something cool.

Random chest drops (especially level capped stuff) sucks arse IMO.

IMO they said is some interview that the fans wanted a smaller but more alive world at the very beginning of the project. I for one do fully agree with that sentiment.

It's great to hear this thing is progressing quickly.
I whole heartily agree with Roi, smaller more alive is a vast improvement over huge and empty.

I think they said almost the same some weeks ago already in another interview.

Dragon Age and Risen currently has been at the top of my most wanted list for a long time. I see very little reason to change that - while there might not have been any new information in the interview, they did confirm that they're still on the right path.

Back
Top Bottom