11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

It will likely require retroactive negative day/month/year/decade patches. Wait till people find out they need windows 95 to play! -p

major bummer. I was hoping my DOS 6.22 would be good enough, especially with my EMS memory upgrade to go past 640k.

Yeah. What is with the confusing dates on the Steam Page? Available the 8th and below it says the 7th.

Yeah. What is with the confusing dates on the Steam Page? Available the 8th and below it says the 7th.
Well, considering release date has been close for the last 10(?) years, one day's uncertainty seems accurate enough.

pibbur who maybe will take a look at the steam page.

Perhaps we should have another poll: "What will be the excuse for the next delay?"

I can't even think of a possible excuse for a delay at this point. It's "done", it has a store page and an unlock date. I'm one of the biggest skeptics of this game, but even I'm open to the possibility that it could really come out now. But if it doesn't, that would be conclusive proof that he's lying, there's no coming back from that.

I don't think we need any more conclusive proof that he's a liar :)

Personally, I see no reason to believe this more than any of those other times. But it's possible, like it always was.

Its fixed now

I don't think we need any more conclusive proof that he's a liar :)

Personally, I see no reason to believe this more than any of those other times. But it's possible, like it always was.

I don't think he's lieing at all. It isn't vapourware, we know that.

carrot-and-stick.jpg

I don't think he's lieing at all. It isn't vapourware, we know that.

Well Cleve has a major history of lying and making things up, and I'm not even talking about his Grimoire promises. And we don't really know that it isn't vaporware, all we know is that he that he had the very early starting area coded some 20 years ago and that he recently re-released it (along with many of the same bugs) as a demo.

But he does have something uploaded onto Steam with an official Steam release day for when it unlocks. So that really does seem kind of different to me, because I'm pretty sure Steam would have to have reviewed and approved the game. Because of that I'm willing to at least consider the possibility that Cleve is telling the truth this time. But we will find out very soon.

That someone might have this clown in a position of accountability is actually quite scary. I almost want to see no game appear, simply for the repercussions he'd face! =p

That someone might have this clown in a position of accountability is actually quite scary. I almost want to see no game appear, simply for the repercussions he'd face! =p

Well Cleve has a major history of lying and making things up, and I'm not even talking about his Grimoire promises. And we don't really know that it isn't vaporware, all we know is that he that he had the very early starting area coded some 20 years ago and that he recently re-released it (along with many of the same bugs) as a demo.

But he does have something uploaded onto Steam with an official Steam release day for when it unlocks. So that really does seem kind of different to me, because I'm pretty sure Steam would have to have reviewed and approved the game. Because of that I'm willing to at least consider the possibility that Cleve is telling the truth this time. But we will find out very soon.

No one remind Steam of the legal action Cleve was threatening against one of its developers for using his trademark.

Remind me to send Cleve a box of radioactive chocolates on the glorious day of release.

So the cycle is once again almost complete… I can feel it. It is so close. I just wonder whether we are truly ready to face the judgement of Grimoire? Hopefully this time we're worthy of expriencing the ascension. Let us to step into the next plane of pc gaming. Our mighty watchtower has reached alone towards the stars decades waiting for this moment. Our bodies are ready and our mind is one. Oh glorious yellow baby take the offering and grant us our ultimate price!

This is the point in the Grimoire release schedule where I remember that the core game actually looks quite interesting; the graphics bright and colourful, the options diverse and complicated, the maps many in number and apparently well drawn.

After each failed release, this gets replaced with eye-rolling cynicism and a suspicion that the game is probably heavily bugged and a bit shit.

But right now I'm enjoying the optimistic phase. I've even taken to checking the price on a regular basis like I would do with a game that was actually getting released next Friday.

Back
Top Bottom