Book of Demons - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Book of Demons has been released and is available on Steam and GOG.

Book of Demons is a Hack & Slash Deck-building hybrid in which YOU decide the length of quests. Wield magic cards instead of weapons and slay the armies of darkness in the dungeons below the Old Cathedral. Save the terror-stricken Paperverse from the clutches of the Archdemon himself!

heart.png
Procedurally Generated Dungeons
heart.png
Roguelike Mode for fans of extreme challenge
heart.png
70+ different types of monsters, with different traits and custom mechanics
heart.png
Twitch and Mixer integration
heart.png
Monthly and all-time Leaderboards, 200+ Achievements

Book of Demons is the first installment of Return 2 Games - a series of original mid-core titles, inspired by the early golden days of PC gaming.
More information.

Hmm so basically Diablo with card deck battles.o_O

If so I'll pass thank you.

The card decks are only for special attacks or buffs.
I like it, its very polished and has this distinguished papercut artstyle. Also its more on the funny / light side. In whole its an interesting and refreshing gameplay experience.
Looking forward to the other games they are planning.

Last edited:
I played the demo a while ago. Im not a fan of diablo or card games at all but this game seems to be an enjoyable mix of the two...but still stands as its own type of game....if that makes sense. Its pretty high quality and its pretty polished. Id play it if i wasnt a dad and didnt have a few other games i have yet to play...
I’d say to give the demo a shot if your curious.

Yeah, the cards are more like skills (active and passive) and your figure moves on "rails" through the levels (though you can go back and forth). It's fun and enemies have varied abilities you have to cop with to not get swarmed.

I lost interest after a while, but will get back to it at some point. Interestingly, in my opinion they managed to grasp the atmosphere of the first Diablo at least in the town scene.

My problem is that it doesn't seem to be much but endless mazes do they actually have 'feature' or interesting locations in the procedural generated maze ?

My problem is that it doesn't seem to be much but endless mazes do they actually have 'feature' or interesting locations in the procedural generated maze ?

Similar to the first Diablo. Tiles change the deeper you go. There are also some boss rooms. But that's all I have seen so far.

Reviews are very positive but game play looks extremely dull.

yeah, is like a super simplified casual diablo, if you are ok with that, then it is a good game

That's what I was 'fraid of ... I mean even ancient nethack had special 'features' or rooms splattered here and there. I can deal with the procedural generated maze but i wish it had some 'spice'. To be honest I found the first diablo boring as boring can be and even diablo 2 was only so so - the big thing i remember about dibalo 2 was the item hunt though it did have some killer bos mobs. Titan quest and newer games add more interesting 'things' you could find splattered across the maze (though it is not a procedural generated maze).

Similar to the first Diablo. Tiles change the deeper you go. There are also some boss rooms. But that's all I have seen so far.

Stupid bouncing sprites, deve-lopers didn't even bother with drawing an attack-pose. Wretched cards as well -->
Undear Book of Lemons Go To Hell!

Meh, it's similar to Diablo only that you are stuck to a conveyor belt.

Back
Top Bottom