Path of Exile - Public Stress Weekend Announcement

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Although we already covered this briefly, Grinding Gears sent us the press release for the Path of Exile Public Stress Weekend, which offers the opportunity to play the new Shadow class:
Play Indie Action RPG Path of Exile’s latest Class the Shadow this Weekend
AUCKLAND, New Zealand – 9 May 2012 – Indie Action RPG Path of Exile has announced its latest character class, the hit-and-run trap-laying Shadow. Although currently in closed beta, Path of Exile is opening its doors to everyone for two days with a public test this coming weekend. Supporters can also pre-purchase credit for the game’s ‘ethical microtransactions’ and receive a permanent beta key.
The Shadow is a hybrid dexterity and intelligence class, a professional assassin exiled after getting on the wrong side of a former client. He employs deadly traps and spells against opponents, finishing off survivors with quick dagger strikes while darting in and out of combat.
In Path of Exile, any class can use any skill, weapon or trap, allowing for a huge variety of possible character builds. The Shadow is particularly well suited to traps and fast weapons like claws and daggers.
Using Path of Exile’s support gem system, the Shadow can turn any spell into a trap or remotely detonated mine. For instance, the Shadow can link a Frost Wall skill gem with a Remote Mine support gem to create a Frost Wall Mine which they can place to strategically trap enemies.

The first chance to play the Shadow character will be in this weekend’s public stress test. The Path of Exile Beta servers will open for public access at 5pm PDT on Friday, May 11. Public access will end at 11:59pm PDT Sunday night, May 13. A full FAQ about the public weekend is available at www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend.
Borcanu also points out the v0.9.9 Patch Notes, which are rather lengthy.
More information.

For everyone who hasn't tried it: this is a fun game and worth a try if you like Diablo 2 beefed up and a bit twisted. Refreshing as far as a hack and slash RPG can be :)

Back
Top Bottom