Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread - Page 36 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

December 29th, 2018, 22:15
It would be cool to switch portraits mid-game. You could have one portrait and then another with a crown, and maybe a scar or two, or a fiercer look but it's the same person. That would be neat. There is a way to change it mid-game, I did, but it took a lot to get to work right.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 29th, 2018, 22:21
I also wonder why Regongar is listed as Medium size when he's clearly Large and has a wider attack radius. Also, I wish his wings looked more evil to suit him, since Magus gets wings at level 15.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

December 29th, 2018, 23:55
I like Reg's wings - it reminds me of Deekin in NWN lol. But yes, I prefer angelic wings much more
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

December 30th, 2018, 19:21
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
I also wonder why Regongar is listed as Medium size when he's clearly Large and has a wider attack radius.
That's because by the ruleset half-orcs are medium sized creatures.
Same goes for pure orcs. An example for a large creature would be a troll.

Are you sure about the attack radius?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Civilization VI

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

December 30th, 2018, 19:27
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
That's because by the ruleset half-orcs are medium sized creatures.
Same goes for pure orcs. An example for a large creature would be a troll.

Are you sure about the attack radius?
Pretty sure. He fights as though he's enlarged.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

January 1st, 2019, 21:05
Maybe he's rated as Octavia's pet. Pets grow after a few levels.

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2019, 06:37
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Spoiler
Thanks for the spoil, unlike you I disliked a lot the last two chapters, even more the last one without magic, and so many absurd non sense illogical consequences, facepalm.

I hadn't realized I hadn't get the full happy ending, found mine happy enough and thought it was the good ending. It's cool to know now.

But I got many results you listed:
Spoiler

Dasale

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2019, 07:18
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
Thanks for the spoil, unlike you I disliked a lot the last two chapters, even more the last one without magic, and so many absurd non sense illogical consequences, facepalm.

I hadn't realized I hadn't get the full happy ending, found mine happy enough and thought it was the good ending. It's cool to know now.

But I got many results you listed:
Spoiler
IIRC, @Maylander did not enjoy the final two chapters either. Neither did I, as I clearly stated in the review.

I initially found the way to unlock the "secret ending" a bit arbitrary but now that I know all requirements, it makes sense to me now. In saying that, I think its almost impossible to unlock the secret ending in the first playthrough unless you read about it beforehand.

Also note that the ending you have got could have been caused by bugs - not design choices.

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
Last edited by purpleblob; January 2nd, 2019 at 07:34.

purpleblob

Princess

January 2nd, 2019, 08:05
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I had already read this briar explanation, no way I find it logical, she gives it and I gave it, what's the problem? None, just an incoherent consequence as a ton others in last two chapters, I don't include the end.

For the end, clearly we got a similar final and I don't remember at all this sad detail you quote for the conclusion of this final and later for the end. I could not remind well, but it seems either you didn't get the same choices I had, either you didn't picked the one I picked,
Spoiler

I tried beat again the final to check, and gave up, sigh, if my Nok Nok hadn't been murdered for no logical consequence that would have been less a boredom.

Dasale

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2019, 08:07
I had already read this briar explanation, no way I find it logical, she gives it and I gave it, what's the problem? None, just an incoherent consequence as a ton others in last two chapters, I don't include the end.

For the end, clearly we got a similar final and I don't remember at all this sad detail you quote for the conclusion of this final and later for the end. I could not remind well, but it seems either you didn't get the same choices I had, either you didn't picked the one I picked, refuse anything from the proposal.

I tried beat again the final to check, and gave up, sigh, if my Nok Nok hadn't been murdered for no logical consequence that would have been less a boredom.
Well, we can agree to disagree on the briar and the curse - it makes sense to me, it doesn't for you.

I don't know what choices you've made for Nok-Nok throughout his personal quests, but it could easily have been bugs.

Spoiler
--

purpleblob

Princess

January 2nd, 2019, 08:27
Woo a thread with spoilers would be better. For the briar, ok let close it here.
Spoiler
they was drunk when they designed the last two chapters.

EDIT: And no romance at all, it's perhaps the cause of the variations between our finals, or ends. But I don't remember for any final romance option, what's sure is it's been evoked along chapter 7 (in game count from 0 to 8) but I don't remind any conclusion on that.

Dasale

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2019, 11:46
Woo a thread with spoilers would be better. For the briar, ok let close it here.
Spoiler
Regarding Nok-Nok
Spoiler

Charna

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2019, 13:45
IIRC, @Maylander did not enjoy the final two chapters either. Neither did I, as I clearly stated in the review.
Exactly. I consider the "secret" ending the most satisfying one now that I've completed it, but that doesn't make the final two chapters particularly enjoying as a whole.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 2nd, 2019, 14:31
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
I also wonder why Regongar is listed as Medium size when he's clearly Large and has a wider attack radius. Also, I wish his wings looked more evil to suit him, since Magus gets wings at level 15.
Well keep in mind ….

Spoiler

In regards to the nymph …

Spoiler
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2019, 16:09
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
[/spoiler]

In regards to the nymph
You can, it's actually the easier ending, though
Spoiler

I do think it would have been better if the writers didn't tie this choice to the secret romance, however, because it would have made it available to more players.

Charna

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2019, 16:38
Originally Posted by Charna View Post
Regarding Nok-Nok
Spoiler
Ok so it's different than what I read some time ago in the forum.

I did all you quote for Nok Nok but killed the ghost, and failed convince him he was a true hero, could only encourage him, didn't notice another option, or I had to be rude with him. Perhaps some skill check failed, or some other requirement, I don't it's the ghost the point.

Dasale

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2019, 16:45
I do think it would have been better if the writers didn't tie this choice to the secret romance, however, because it would have made it available to more players.
It's not just a romance problem, get the briar is a key point, and it's a dice decision, you'll get it only by luck from a decision among two choices.

Spoiler

Dasale

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2019, 16:49
You can, it's actually the easier ending, though
Spoiler

I do think it would have been better if the writers didn't tie this choice to the XXXXXX, however, because it would have made it available to more players.
Aye that just really annoys me.

Spoiler

Thanks for your reply and thoughts.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by wolfgrimdark; January 2nd, 2019 at 17:18.

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

January 2nd, 2019, 17:11
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Aye that just really annoys me.

Spoiler

Thanks for your reply and thoughts.
Looks like you haven't finished a first play so I won't enter in details, but in short if you collect information, and all her story, there are good reason to XXXXX her,
Spoiler

For others and bigger spoils:
Spoiler

Dasale

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2019, 17:26
Thanks for the added information. But I really would have no reason to ever love her. Simply not what I or my character would do. And can't fake love. You can pretend but you can't fake a true love. You can't feel what you don't feel.

Spoiler

Still I guess I will know more soon enough :-)

Long game as I still have to finish chapter 5 and on 92 hours so far.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread