Grimoire on GOG!!!! - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Grimoire on GOG!!!!

Default Grimoire on GOG!!!!

December 13th, 2019, 03:47
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.
Created by none other than the legendary Cleveland Blakemore is now on GoG.
Also less than 8$

REJOICE PEASANTS!!! REJOICE!!!

Spoiler
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

December 13th, 2019, 05:18
Bah I'll pass thank you.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
+1:

December 13th, 2019, 14:11
Did he ever release the manual he had been promising?

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 13th, 2019, 14:45
I am glad that GoG forced him to remove this golden baby crap from the game - really creepy.

The manual is now available in GoG and Steam.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

December 13th, 2019, 16:02
Never thought gog would sink so low….

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

December 13th, 2019, 16:43
The only game in history I haven't played or payed for because of the designer. I was surprised it was ever released, so I have to give a little credit for that.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

December 13th, 2019, 16:51
I don't care for the person that made the game, but the game itself is well worth playing, should the genre be of interest.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

January 28th, 2020, 00:35
I’ve come close to buying this game many times, but I never pull the trigger because of the developer. Probably never will. I don’t want to support him at all, and I’m usually the first person to support a developer.

ProphetSword

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 28th, 2020, 05:32
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
Did he ever release the manual he had been promising?
I think he did, yeah.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 00:26
Cleve is an asshat (to put it mildly), but if this game appealed to me I think I'd still buy it. Never had much interest in first person dungeon crawlers / blobbers though and don't think I'd start with this on if I had the urge to try them again (Doesn't it supposedly have an average play time of 600 hours or something insane like that?).

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 02:46
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
The only game in history I haven't played or payed for because of the designer.
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I don't care for the person that made the game
Originally Posted by ProphetSword View Post
I’ve come close to buying this game many times, but I never pull the trigger because of the developer
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
Cleve is an asshat (to put it mildly)
What on earth are you all talking about? How do you all know so much about the developer? What's the problem?

The way you're all carrying on you'd think he personally attacked you, yet it would appear it's the other way around?

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 05:38
Actually, he has personally attacked me on more than one occasion. He personally attacks anyone who even dares question anything about his game. Or any of the many, many release dates that he missed. Or anything at all.

Do some research about him. Then you’ll understand.

ProphetSword

Watchdog

January 29th, 2020, 06:15
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
What on earth are you all talking about? How do you all know so much about the developer? What's the problem?

The way you're all carrying on you'd think he personally attacked you, yet it would appear it's the other way around?
Funny thing, I don't need someone to personally attack me to dislike them or how they treat other people. It's kind of the foundation of empathy.

JFarrell71

Sentinel

+1:

January 29th, 2020, 08:54
Cleve who only lives a short drive from me and whom I have met and interviewed personally; attacked me online for no apparent reason as I'd been the one supporting his game as a Beta tester. I've finished it twice as a tester and it's a good game, but anyone who attacks his supporters who have given him free publicity has a personality problem that needs addressing.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 11:17

If you don't believe it, read his posts on the Codex. Or his responses to player reviews on steam.

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

January 29th, 2020, 15:06

There son you got served just having a little fun.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 16:57
Originally Posted by ProphetSword View Post
He personally attacks anyone who even dares question anything about his game. Or any of the many, many release dates that he missed. Or anything at all.
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Cleve who only lives a short drive from me and whom I have met and interviewed personally; attacked me online for no apparent reason as I'd been the one supporting his game as a Beta tester. I've finished it twice as a tester and it's a good game, but anyone who attacks his supporters who have given him free publicity has a personality problem that needs addressing.
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
If you don't believe it, read his posts on the Codex. Or his responses to player reviews on steam.
Wait, are we talking about Starr Long, Richard Garriott, Chris Spears, or Cleve? I can't really tell them apart anymore. Wait.. I think the only difference is that Cleves product might be worth playing if you ignore the moronic developer. The others, not so much.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 18:41
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Wait, are we talking about Starr Long, Richard Garriott, Chris Spears, or Cleve? I can't really tell them apart anymore. Wait.. I think the only difference is that Cleves product might be worth playing if you ignore the moronic developer. The others, not so much.
Could'nt say really. Since I never really got interested into Shroud, I missed most of that drama.

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

January 29th, 2020, 19:19
It's telling how even Grimoire's biggest fan on the watch refers to Cleve as a "moronic developer".

Anyway, I've been following Grimoire since either the late 90's or early 2000s. I've seen some crazy stuff. Modern Cleve is actually pretty mild compared to old-school Cleve. But I only cared about it because back in the day he said so many crazy, made up things that I didn't trust that his game was real. But obviously it is real so I don't really care about his personality anymore.

But I still haven't gotten it. From what I've read I suspect I would really enjoy the early game but that it would start to lose me by the mid-game as more and more design flaws started to show up. But I know there have been improvements made since I've read about it and I may still end up getting it someday.

fadedc

SasqWatch

+1:

January 29th, 2020, 19:50
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Pointing out that others do wrong does not excuse the wrong done by the individual who is at the heart of the discussion, nor does it wipe away the sour taste left behind that would prompt some to pass on his project.
Last edited by ProphetSword; January 29th, 2020 at 22:06.

ProphetSword

Watchdog

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Grimoire on GOG!!!!