World of Horror - Early Access Preview - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » World of Horror - Early Access Preview

Default World of Horror - Early Access Preview

February 19th, 2020, 22:32
IndianNoob checked out the roguelite World of Horror:

World of Horror Early Access Preview :: 1 Bit Macabre

Even though I was born in the early '90s, a large part of my childhood was spent around technology from the '80s. The state of India which I grew up in wasn't the most technologically advanced place. We'd generally be 5-10 years behind the rest of the world when it came to electronic entertainment. Hence, I have a soft spot for all things retro in games and love me some good 1-bit art. There's a reason The Return of the Obra Din became one of my favourite indies experiences in recent memory.

Now developer panstasz has brought us World of Horror, a bizarre mix of '80s RPGs and roguelite adventures. The soon-to-be-released Early Access game is marketed as a 1-bit love letter to the works of Junji Ito and H.P. Lovecraft. People who have been following my writings knows me to be a huge Lovecraft buff but mangas (and JRPGs) are something I'm just not a big fan of. However, I whole-heartedly appreciate Junji Ito's trypophobia-inducing illustrations and his contributions to the horror manga industry. Setting my prejudices aside, here's me telling you what works and what doesn't work in World of Horror.

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » World of Horror - Early Access Preview