Cyberpunk 2077 - Review @ Worth A Buy

Check the other news too (on the news thread). That piece of news makes it sound one-sided while others have a more both-sided feel to them. I, of course, don't know the truth, but good to get the news from as many angles as possible. I think they did not mishandle the thing. The leadership made a major misjudgment to release the game too early. Everything after that is just a consequence of the bad decision.

I've read a number of articles over the last few days, not just the news here. I do think they've mishandled several things, and I think Sony taking the drastic step of removing a major release from their store reflects that. In the first place, they stated that Sony had waived their usual quality control requirements, on the understanding that the quality bar would be met by a release patch. That now reflects badly on Sony, as the quality on the last gen systems was not there.

Then they told customers to seek their refunds through Sony and MS, without making any special arrangements with them. So, they were inundated through their usual complaints/refunds system, without any agreements about refunds being due.

I think it's safe to say that they have mightily displeased Sony, and I don't think that was a great move.

I wonder if it would really have been worse for them in the long run if they had delayed the release a few months again.

That is *the* reason I have been only checking this site for a decade now. Most people here are reasonable. Other sites not so. I don't want to, need to nor have to read the bullshit desperate failed boys write from their man-caves.

I'm sure I'm detecting some rage here.

And I'm sure Sony cancelling the game will leave someone somewhere a tad enraged ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Perhaps someone at sony was enraged?

Have the transfolk stopped being enraged by it? Or were they not the enraged ones? was it the alt-right that were enraged? About something or other?

Damn, it's so difficult to keep track.

What's its RPG mechanics like?

i am having tons of fun with a reflex-cool-mech samurai running around with a slow-time implant and chopping bangers in NCPD encounters.

People just need to give it a chance. There is a good game there. Much better than AC:Valhalla, but that's just my opinion.

What's its RPG mechanics like?

Works well, attributes limit skills. Skills progress from use and give perk points and bonuses.

Some of the perks are really good and some are fillers and QoL improvements.

There is XP gain scale for difficulty. Worth to do hard over normal. Very hard makes enemies bullet sponges and gives no XP rewards.

I just entered Act 2, but am over 25 hours in-- mostly due to exploring and responding to every assault-in-progress and organized crime alert I come across (I just… can't stop) But I've intentionally tried to slow main story progress, because there are more and more bugs as I go. And to the point where it's really affecting my enjoyment of the game. My intent is to stop here, maybe explore a bit but mostly wait a few months for things to get fixed. For what it's worth, I'm on a pretty decent-spec'd PC, so apparently this is the 'best' the game is, on any level.

I will say that if they fix what's broken and add a bit more side content, plus turn the AI back on (please tell me it will be that simple?) …this could be one of the best games I've played.

I find that there are less bugs in the main quest compared to side content, so you might just want to focus more on that and save the side content for a future playthrough.

I wonder if it would really have been worse for them in the long run if they had delayed the release a few months again.

I advised them to do that on one of our meetings but CEO CouchPotato was present and he told me to shut my mouth up, "The release schedule will be maintained", he said, ""Even God himself couldn't sink this game!"

/irony mode=off

Yeah cry me a river I've seen many posters do the same.:p

I advised them to do that on one of our meetings but CEO CouchPotato was present and he told me to shut my mouth up, "The release schedule will be maintained", he said, ""Even God himself couldn't sink this game!"

/irony mode=off
Your Ip has been flagged expect a few Corpo agents in the next few hours. :p

They still sold 10+ million copies so this is hardly a disaster. Anyway for those that keep saying another delay was warranted hogwash. They had eight years already.

This is a text book case study in company mismanagement at best.

For reference here is the reply in question.;)
Perhaps they should bake it on the oven a little more. Maybe until January, who knows?
Can't the game is leaked, retailers mailed copies early, and the die is cast. There's no going back at this point it's what the Army would call FUBAR at this point in time.

Bottom-line I have the PC version with some bugs and glitches but I enjoyed it. My PC rig is above average at best, and plays everything on Ultra fine except Ray-Tracing.

I'm satisfied with my purchase and it's still my GOTY.:p

Another couple months development wouldn't have made much difference to the game itself, if what I've seen/read is any indication. But it would have made a difference to the bottom line, and we just can't have that…

There are fundamental issues on consoles that would have required/will require another year of development. PC experience is the best there is, and I'd reckon it will need 3 months of focused patches for it to make proper use of hardware and fix some of the more serious issues. ….new content, major AI overhauls, etc will take far longer.

CDPR knew exactly what they were doing by not allowing legit game footage prior to launch. It's borderline criminal, and they are paying a rightful price. I'm curious if we'll find out how many "insiders" sold stock just before launch, knowing what was going to happen.

Another couple months development wouldn't have made much difference to the game itself, if what I've seen/read is any indication. But it would have made a difference to the bottom line, and we just can't have that…

There are fundamental issues on consoles that would have required/will require another year of development. PC experience is the best there is, and I'd reckon it will need 3 months of focused patches for it to make proper use of hardware and fix some of the more serious issues. ….new content, major AI overhauls, etc will take far longer.

CDPR knew exactly what they were doing by not allowing legit game footage prior to launch. It's borderline criminal, and they are paying a rightful price.
True but you know this will certainly delay the DLC and expansions also. As they announced this week they have reassigned every asset to fixing the game instead.

Link - https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-and-dlc-will-be-discussed-early-next-year/
In an emergency board call, CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński has said it's "too early to judge" what might happen with Cyberpunk 2077's DLC and multiplayer.

As first picked up on by Reddit earlier this morning on December 15, Kiciński and other CD Projekt leads held an emergency meeting to address the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 and Xbox One, which the company apologised for earlier this week. When asked about what might happen with the game's planned DLC and multiplayer component, Kiciński said that it's "too early to judge," but added that "it's ahead of us, so we don't know yet. We are now focused on improving Cyberpunk and will discuss it early next year." "About multiplayer, first and foremost we haven't declared any date yet, and as I said before it's hard to judge now," Kiciński said of of Cyberpunk 2077's planned multiplayer mode.

"We're in a situation which wasn't planned, and we'll have to reassess where we are, and that's the plan for January. So now we are managing the situation of the single-player, we are working on patches and communication, and to refocus on gamers. We have to sit and discuss.""

Definitely the right approach to put DLC and such on hold. I plan to play this game for a long time. I played The Witcher 3 for almost a year, revisiting it when Hearts of Stone and then Blood & Wine came out. I'll do the same for Cyberpunk in 1-2 years down the road when DLC for this game comes out.

On one hand I understand but I'll probably finish all three origins and get all four endings by next month. Bah this whole thing is turning into one big cluster fuck of a situation.:(
A disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.

You know you could have just put that in one post right? ;)

I didn't get it: what I could have put in only one post?

CDPR knew exactly what they were doing by not allowing legit game footage prior to launch. It's borderline criminal, and they are paying a rightful price. I'm curious if we'll find out how many "insiders" sold stock just before launch, knowing what was going to happen.

It runs fine on the newer consoles, at least on the xbox series x.

Back
Top Bottom