Why is my Asus soundcard not detected

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
… by windows 10?

As I said in the 'nut's sound thread: I have an Asus Strix Raid 7.1 soundcard which I'm very happy with when it works. However, most of the time (but not always) it's not detected by Windows 10. I wonder why.

Suggestions (other than buying a new card)?

a pibbur

PS. I suspect it may be a windows problem, because sometimes the Realtek is also not detected properly. Windows insists that it's not connected. By repeatedly plugging in/out my headphones it has so far eventually started working (without rebooting). DS.

EDIT: It has been a well known problem it seems, apparently has something to do with expired digital signatures. New drivers released by Asus 25.12.2020 is supposed to fix the problem. I'll download and see what happens.

Last edited:
I used to have an Asus sound card - HORRIBLE driver support :p It single-handedly convinced me to go back to Creative Labs.

I used to have an Asus sound card - HORRIBLE driver support :p It single-handedly convinced me to go back to Creative Labs.

Yes, they've been very slow to fix the problem, but finally they've released new drivers which is supposed to fix the problem.

If I get it to work again, it's a very good soundcard IMO, but I'm not sure I'll go for an Asus next time.

BTW: I have several Asus motherboards, and one Asus RTX 2080 Ti. I've never had any problems with those thingies.

a pibbur

BTW: I have several Asus motherboards, and one Asus RTX 2080 Ti. I've never had any problems with those thingies.

Yes, Asus is always my first choice in motherboards. The sound card foray was an experiment to see if they would be better than Soundblaster - but I felt like I was partaking of some beta program.

Installed the new drivers now, and the soundcard works. We'll see what happens over time, but for now, it works.

an incarnation of pibbur who is now as happy as can be (which in this case means slightly below neutral).

glad it's working for you, pibbs! have fun. :party:

i'm not looking forward to when i install a fresh windows 10 and have to download the drivers for my "obscure" emu sp1212m card again. how i even got that thing working is about a mystery, let alone doing it twice. :) I'll tackle it...someday.

Back
Top Bottom