RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2011 Awards: Best RPG

Just put me on your ignore list or drink a :beer: (or two).

Critisizing a game/the game creators for their faults and make improvement suggestions -> okay.

Condemning a game/the game creators for their design decisions/goals -> not my style.

Link: CRPG-Meter for Skyrim
Oh, how can I FORGET your IDEAR of AN RPG is just that it has to have quests and crap, no RPG system in place at all pleases you! Well I've got news for you you dimwit, most of the "RPG"s that you've labelled as "RPG"s are little more than action-adventures otherwise they would actually have an RPG game system in place and actually utilize it FFS! i.e. Drakensang, and wobetold early Bioware AD&D game and their NWN and Obsidian followon all qualify even though though the NWN "games" are godawful on their own…

In your world Dark messiah of Might and Magic is an RPG, which is roughly equivalent to Skabrim. (OK as and adventure game it's INFINITELY better than Oblivious, but it's NOT even REMOTELY an RPG…)

i.e. I've read yer RPGmeter crap and find it lacking as an RPG centers around it's RPG mechanics NOT having quests and other assorted crap which are just FUN EXTRAS. To me you're goddamned apoligist for having only crap ARPGs made today as any game is consolejacked and then dumbed down while you seem to quite enjoy that as ong as they toss a few "quests" at you.

controller using consolier detected
controller? Sorry please play again or press CTR-ALT-DLT

I like TW2 and Skyrim, but I enjoyed TW2 a lot more than Skyrim. I haven't played W2 or Deus Ex.
LB
Yeah, overall as an RPG TW2 is still an RPG of some sort, while skabrim is an adventure game that I REALLY WISH that people would NOT iINSIST on labelling as an RPG. It's not. It's an ACTION-ADVENTURE game period. Bethesda finished ripping the heart out of RPG between Oblivious and Skabrim although like I mention playing it as an action-adventure it's MUCH better than Oblivious but it's just still NOWHERE NEAR GOTY quality period, and I'm still THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED than a SUPPOSEDLY RPG site gave an action-adventure game the RPG GOTY… WTF?!

Well.. I'll be experiencing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning which CLEARLY is alyready MUCH more of an "RPG" than Skabrim will EVER be in the next few days… pretty sad saying that a crappy ARPG with even fewer RPG elements than the Two Worlds games or Sacred, et. al. (Or GOD FORBID Morrowind OR GASP DAGGERFALL (sorry Bioware games just suck donkey dinglings and even their mods weren't that much fun like Bethesda's games were to an extent or at least the earlier games)).

Mourning the loss of EXCELLENT actual CRPGs like Wizardry 8, M&M6 & 7, and hell even the latest Drakensang games made on teeny tiny budgest that were guess what? Actually FREAKING CRPGs rather than dumbed down maniacally clickity-clickity-fests which Dark messiah of might and magic did MUCH better…

[EDIT]
Hell even TW1 & TW2 ARE MORE of RPGs than Skabrim is, and you people just don't seem to understand that to me that the lack of an RPG system pretty much at all, i.e.sorry leaving derived statistics behind to be picked at "level up" are NOT RPGish at ALL nor the vestigial skills, just does NOT make an RPG any more than Dark Messiah of might and magic did to me. There's REALLY NOTHING there EVEN CLOSE to an RPG system left! Sure the game world in game looks nice and they kinda improved their quests and dialog but… they also GROSSLY INCREASED their console DUMBING DOWN for the DIMWITS nwit teh consoles(sorry yer a dimwit buying a moddable game on a console, no way around this comment at all… not to mention a dimwit for buying games better controlled by mouse & kb… and whinging about how your 6y old hw can't keep up, etc. (I'm going to go puke now…)).
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
I JUST HOPE that at the end of the day that I'm NOT so disillusioned by ACTUALLY having pre-ordered KoAR (although I'm now thinking that I am since they SEVERLY dumbed down their mechanics to make it more "accessible" to clickity-clickity-click types) that I won't buy another "RPG" A* or otherwise....

(I haven't pre-ordered a game since U9 and all of you know what a POS that was.... ...and "origin" gives me teh willies to be frank, probably my first and last "modern" EA game given their draconian DRM... probably should cancel the order. because of it..)

Anyways as a final addendum, yeah Skabrim is a good 7-8 out of 10 adventure game, but NO WAY a GOTY game at ALL in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM and ESPECIALLY given this site an RPG FFS! (w//o external incentives that is)
[/EDIT2]

Last edited:
Well, that read like a mentally insane person wrote that while frothing at the mouth. There were enough repeating sentences and spelling mistakes to actually fear for you, get help.

It's an ACTION-ADVENTURE game period.

I still disagree. Most Action-Adventures have no character progression. Exceptions prove the rule, at least that's my personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom