Witcher 3 - Announced for PS4

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The next Witcher game will come not only for the PC but for the PS4 too, said CD Projekt. And of course for all next gen consoles. Simultaneously. So await an XBox 720 announcement soonish.
Current gen consoles aren't mentioned, but CDP would be stupid not to bring it at least to the XBox 360.
Found on GamersGlobal, but other sites also ran this.
More information.

Stupid? I wonder if they even can put it on the current generation?

I'm not as worried about Witcher showing up on all 3. It's probably going to hurt the control scheme but at least this new generation has reasonable stats so we won't get a game crunched down to fit in half a gig of memory.

I meant that the installed base is gigantic and the Witcher brand big enough. A port would be a guaranteed commercial success.

I toned down the newsbit. Wasn't happy about a certain word.

PC gamers said instabuy without even considering the deck required to play a next gen console game.

If at time of release, the rig I have allows to play the game comfortably, I will consider the game. If not, I'll wait for after an upgrade of the PC.

I already have a PC stronger than PS4, so the performance shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm not exactly blown away by the PS4 specs, especially considering the long development cycle.

They should be able to just tweak the graphics down so it runs on older generation of consoles. Just drop game resolution, texture resolution and effects from dx11 to dx9. I think they should develop for x360/ps3 too since it will take years before new consoles will have big enough customer-base.

It will propably be early 2014 before ps4 is released in europe and year or two from that before it has large enough customer-base to support AAA development on its own.

I already have a PC stronger than PS4, so the performance shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm not exactly blown away by the PS4 specs, especially considering the long development cycle.

Since when capacities scale that way from consoles to PC?

Back
Top Bottom