Dragon Age - Patch 1.04 Available Later Today

aries100

SasqWatch
Victor Wachter, Bioware's Community Coordinator, has updated this thread where he announces that patch 1.04 for Dragon Age: Origins (and Awakenings) will be released some timer later today. It will, however, only be the PC version of the patch that will be released, since the patch needs to pass Xbox 360 and PS3 certifications.
There's a very long changelist, so I'll list what seems to be the most interesting info:
the party/member approval quest issues:
Known Issues

While we have fixed the party member approval/personal quest issues, it is important to note that players may not experience the results of this fix until starting a new game.

Because of the nature of the bug and the fix implemented, while it is possible that it will still affect party members that are not yet in the player’s group, in general existing game saves may still not see proper approval results
Please note that this patch also fixes bugs in Awakenings as well as fixes the problem with daggers not adding the dexterity-bonuses correctly to damage. According to the notes, they have fixed the memory leak issue. And if you import a character that had equipment on them from the DLCs into Awakening, you will now get default equipment.
And here's Victor Wachtor's advice to those os us who'd be installing the game again sometime:
In short, if you plan to re-install DAO and Awakening at some point in the future, we recommend installing DAO, then Awakening, then latest patch. If you plan to add Awakening to your DAO install, we recommend installing Awakening, then always re-apply the latest patch.
More information.

Such a speedy patch. Maybe rest of the team was busy making The Witcher... err, I mean Dragon Age 2, or maybe DRAGON AGE 3: THE FPS!!

(Awakening) Armor sets: Sentinel Armor & Vigilance Sword (Xbox 360 and PS3), Blackblade Armor (All platforms)
Unfortunately, we are unable to fix the issues concerning these armor sets and the Vigilance Sword. Due to various limitations surrounding what we can and cannot patch concerning DLC content, very strict limits in the size of console title updates, and the state of some of the assets we attempted to implement, we regret to inform you that these items will not be fixed at this time.

There's another one like it as well, which is quite interesting from a development point of view.

Does this mean that DLC won't be fixed yet ?

They concentrate on the boxed or downloadable releases ?

Does this mean that DLC won't be fixed yet ?

They concentrate on the boxed or downloadable releases ?

Lots of DLC stuff is fixed, they just point out a couple of specific issues (on consoles) that can't be fixed due to the console patch delivery system, and some on the PC.

I enjoyed DA:O and Awakenings a lot, but those things should have been fixed months ago.
True, but at least they put something out. Did they ever do a patch for Risen?

This is good news for me, since I still haven't found the time to play my copy of Dragon Age. With luck I'll manage to start it before the sequel comes out.

Good, I just finally started playing this.

Wow, Bioware releases patch when I've already finished this game twice and completely lost interest >.<

What I find really annoying is that for a game that has had so many DLCs released for it, the download manager (or whatever it is called) of DA:O (PC version) is so damn unreliable, that it's almost worthless. For a big fish like Bioware, this should not be acceptable. Since I had to reinstall DA:O due to an OS upgrade, I have not been able to re-download any of my DLCs. Not one. Thanks, Bio. :(

Wow, Bioware releases patch when I've already finished this game twice and completely lost interest >.<

Obviously you don't know how famous Dragon Age is. It takes time to sit and think about a sequel, copy another game out there for the sequel and release shitty alpha screenshots.

Only after you have done all this can you patch up the game people are done playing months ago.

Why all the bitching? Did people actually suffer from bugs? I admittedly only played about 15 hours so far, but I didn't expereience any. So a patch seems nice, but not exactly desperately needed afaik.

Awakening had a lot of bugs, Origins did not. There is no need at all to whine about the state of Origins; it was in exceptional shape for a game that big.

Back
Top Bottom