|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

March 25th, 2019, 19:58
20 hours left (time of this post) on GOG for We are the Dwarves at 95% off and Divinity Original Sin Extended Edition at 80% off.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

March 25th, 2019, 23:33
Originally Posted by CamStapleton View Post
AC Black Flag is awesome!!!
I thought I was going to really like Black Flag. I love the island location. Out of all the older AC games, it's my favorite setting by far. The game is also absolutely beautiful from a visual standpoint.

Like the rest of the older games though (at least the ones I've played), I think the gameplay is awful. It just feels very repetitive and gamey to me, and there are too many icons and quest markers floating around the screen. I couldn't get immersed in the game world, and that's a deal-breaker for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Yesterday, 11:34
Fair assessment. For me, sailing and exploring was just up my alley.

CamStapleton

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

Yesterday, 14:09
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought I was going to really like Black Flag. I love the island location. Out of all the older AC games, it's my favorite setting by far. The game is also absolutely beautiful from a visual standpoint.

Like the rest of the older games though (at least the ones I've played), I think the gameplay is awful. It just feels very repetitive and gamey to me, and there are too many icons and quest markers floating around the screen. I couldn't get immersed in the game world, and that's a deal-breaker for me.
This is exactly how I feel about black flag and remember - repetitiveness. It just feels like a chore going from one island to the next to do the same thing, marred by collectables .. etc.

I recently played AC1 (drm free from humble) and thought it was brilliant where you feel like a real assassin, missions are varied, different cities, you never lose control even in the cut-scenes, very good story and atmosphere, and I like the combat. It is also refreshing that you need to practice your moves, be stealthy and think for assassinations rather than the arcade type stuff in black flag. Controls take a bit of getting use to but all logical.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yesterday, 16:32
Elex is also 60% off at gog.

Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
https://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/ELEX/ 60%
https://store.steampowered.com/app/317370/The_Keep/ 70%

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!