Last game(s) you bought

Tempted by the Steam sale and got Templar Battle Force.

Also contemplating a Fanatical Platinum collection (build your bundle) where I can get Insomnia, Low Magic Age, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for ~£9 - cheapest price that I found for Insomnia, hmmm!

Also contemplating a Fanatical Platinum collection (build your bundle) where I can get Insomnia, Low Magic Age, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for ~£9 - cheapest price that I found for Insomnia, hmmm!

Some nice options for that bundle. If you don't already have them, I recommend Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light as well.

The 'Build you own lockdown' bundle also has some good games and is even cheaper.

Refunded farcry 5 and got new dawn; fc5 intro was very boring with the religious nuts and the world seemed nothing special. New dawn's post apoc setting looks more interesting.

Refunded farcry 5 and got new dawn; fc5 intro was very boring with the religious nuts and the world seemed nothing special. New dawn's post apoc setting looks more interesting.
Well I loved FC 5 and that surprise ending which leads to Dawn. Anyway if you hated FC 5, Dawn also has those same nut jobs again. It's basically an ending expansion.

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn based on the discussions of that game here. I'm enjoying it even though the plot and story are a little weird. It seems funny to have a basic American Indian culture with a bunch of pasty-faced white people as the leads :) I like the Metal World aspects and hope there is a lot more of it past the Embrace.

I got a little overboard and got Metro Exodus,Far Cry New Dawn and Titanfall1 and 2 bundle (extended week-end here). Clearly these will last me until 10dec :D
Also, I must say I loved Far cry 5, hunting lunatics was so much fun!!!

I splurged a little bit on the GOG Black Friday sale. Most are games I already owned on Steam, or other platforms, but wanted them on GOG as well. Among them:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Knight
Spellforce 3
Spellforce 3: Soul Harvest
Firewatch
Metro Exodus

its fun

Attachments

• Desktop_2020_11_29_10_19_40_938.jpg
    Desktop_2020_11_29_10_19_40_938.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 69
After all these years, I finally bought Baldur's Gate and I'm enjoying it very much :)

It's never too late I guess. Before I had quickly tried the NWN 2 mod, but didn't like it that much. The original (Enhanced Edition though) is just so good.

I bought Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa in a recent Humble sale and have been playing that recently. It's a wargame for story/RPG fans like myself, with the usual counter shuffling, logistics and all that jazz, but also a significant narrative element, especially as the Germans.

Fort Triumph.
Black Mesa.
Death stranding.
Hitman GOTY.
Gloomhaven.
Desolate.

Last edited:
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes

This just released on Steam. I've been curious about it for some time. It looked like a 2D pixel art Bloodborne game. It's pretty cool. Mechanically it's very much like souls games, but in a horror setting.

Looks cool. I'm not a fan of the retro pixel art genre, but I am a fan of horror. How's the difficulty so far? I might check it out if it's a little more forgiving than the typical soulslike.

Looks cool. I'm not a fan of the retro pixel art genre, but I am a fan of horror. How's the difficulty so far? I might check it out if it's a little more forgiving than the typical soulslike.

Only played about 1h so far. So far it's easier than regular souls games. Haven't died once, for one. As you as you can manage hit/dodge/hit/etc you can manage, so far. Seems it's more souls-like in mechanics, not in the difficulty.

But it's obvious that it's not as polished as other indie games. It's a little rough, but perfectly playable. I'd recommend maybe watching some more release gameplay if you can find any.

After all these years, I finally bought Baldur's Gate and I'm enjoying it very much :)

It's never too late I guess. Before I had quickly tried the NWN 2 mod, but didn't like it that much. The original (Enhanced Edition though) is just so good.

Now that's a treat before Christmas - Baldur's Gate for the first time.

It's interesting to hear how much you like it, as some folks tend to maintain that we're all just wearing the nostalgia goggles. I still think it's great in many ways, and extremely immersive. I'd love to delete it from memory and start it again.

Now that's a treat before Christmas - Baldur's Gate for the first time.

It's interesting to hear how much you like it, as some folks tend to maintain that we're all just wearing the nostalgia goggles. I still think it's great in many ways, and extremely immersive. I'd love to delete it from memory and start it again.
Damn true but this post is how modern players feel.
If it played like Baldur's Gate 1-2 - no one would play it. Because it would be a complete garbage. Even KOTORs are almost unplayable without nostalgia glasses at this point.
This was taken from a post about BG3.

Excuse me while I lovely put on my nostalgia glasses.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom