Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mortismal Gaming reviewed Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters:

Warhammer 40k | Chaos Gate: Daemonhunters - Review After 100%

Talking about the most recent warhammer 40k trpg that is Daemonhunters after doing all of the things.

Timestamps:
00:00 Intro
01:32 Plot Set-Up
02:30 Broad Thoughts On Story
03:54 Difficulty Settings
05:00 Worldbuilding
09:50 Combat
14:12 Positives
15:33 Negatives
16:55 Conclusion
17:54 Wrap Up

More information.

Reviewer complains about a "very busy" UI that looks just fine to me! Well designed.

Reviewer complains about a "very busy" UI that looks just fine to me! Well designed.
I think the UI is good except for the character abilities sheets. They're very busy without adding value.

Other than that I would have preferred fewer menus. In other words why do I need to click on load out, then melee weapon and then melee weapon type. Just feels cumbersome.

Finally the load out screens don't show everything a character carries in an easily viewable way, but that's more minor.

So I've been playing some more.

I've only had party wipes on boss fights but otherwise the game is a bit easy now on normal difficulty.

There's a spell like thing that allows teleportation of the entire squad at once.

Many maps have a sole objective so as soon as I see it I tp my party and kill the objective in one turn. Its a bit op.

I just ran into my first bug.

The game has a mechanism to give bonuses to enemies - one of these is to make them explode on death - essentially making you die if you melee them.
I threw a grenade on one which caused a chain reaction killing 3 units. Then the game said "fuck it" - you're not allowed to play anymore :D

Has anyone played both this and King Arthur: Knight's Tale? I'm wondering how the two compare. Which one is currently more polished, etc.

Back
Top Bottom