Original Sin - Update #3, FAQ

Multi-player loot grab-fest? That ought to be good for a few testy exchanges...

Yes, that is one thing I don't like; loot should either be assigned, or duplicated for all. What's to stop someone trying to collect loot while you finish off the last of the trash, or 'letting' you get killed at the last moment so they can grab all the loot? No, the more I think about it, the less I like it.

I actually much prefer how they are handling multiplayer loot drops over the alternatives. If you are playing with someone, you should also be able to work together with him or her regarding gear too.

There's an easy solution to the loot issue - don't play with greedy a-holes, play with actual friends. If your friends constantly ninja the loot and don't share, that's a problem with respect, not game design.

If this was an MMO full of strangers I'd say differently but since this is a smaller-scale coop game - expecting players to actually cooperate seems reasonable.

This approach is more old-school and I like that.

I don't find an issue with the loot either. I will be playing with friends and they won't dick me over (hopefully!)

I'll play this with my wife. If she doesn't share the loot, she'll have to bring the trash out herself ;)

Duplicating loot is something that can be done in an MMO, but would unbalance this game. The one hosting the game can always start up by himself at a later point and have access to all the loot. All the loot is 'owned' by the one hosting the game.

Back
Top Bottom