Risen 2 How Do You Guys Play?

GLOOPS

Watcher
Hi guys! How do you guys play this game? I usually get hold of a gameplay manual if I can. Other than that, it means printing out some walkthrough or other. Otherwise you run the risk of missing much of the game! Or getting it all wrong! :(

There is no gameplay manual to buy for this game. The best walkthrough I have seen would take hours to print and take a ream of paper. I have managed to find a 'slimmer' version, but the writer has no imagination in his writing and only gives rough directions resulting in a lot of 'blundering' about! I have had to restart the game more than once because of his mix-ups'!

I am left with the only choice here to 'blunder on'!!! >:O

I don't use walkthroughs and Risen 2 world is supposed to be explored.

I find it really strange to play a game with focus on exploration with a walkthrough. Just enjoy the game and let it surprise you. If you're stuck you can still look that quest solution up.

Generally, my first time through I play it straight and only look something up if I can't figure it out myself. Not always though. Sometimes if a game is not really catching my fancy, I'll grab a guide and play it through, trying to get it all in one play through.

Note: I never played Risen or Risen 2, but I thought the topic was interesting on its own.

I get frustrated when I find out that I have missed out on something because I did not know I should have gone left instead of right. Game can turn out more satisfying for me. if I know where I am supposed to be heading. :biggrin:

One can miss out on some great goodies this way also and can sometimes loose the game.

I get you guys though ....nice to know these things! ;)

In 1984 in computer class in high school I was given a disc with a copy of Ultima 3 on it with no instructions, manuals etc. Had to learn how to do everything buy trail and error and there were a lot of spells to figure out.

So in general I just play the game and have fun learning it.

Back
Top Bottom