What games are you playing now? - Page 721 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

December 30th, 2021, 15:31
SCUM is loot, shoot, and boogie. A typical fight lasts about 10 seconds 1 vs 1 or up to a minute with a pack of puppets (zombies). I like quick battles and the ability to tweak the settings to match my play style. I generally turn loot up, sentries off (they're indestructible and protect military installations), and I also increase zombies and wildlife a bit. Game world is massive. I've played hundreds of hours and there are still places I haven't visited.

I mostly play it as a rogue-lite since I restart when I die. The game mechanic is set to keep your same clone even if it dies. You just spawn anew and start accumulating again. You even keep your base and can keep some of your old loot if you get back to it within an hour or so of dying. I'd rather restart. Body graphics are meh, but environment graphics are top notch.

If anyone would like a copy, friend me on Steam and send me a text. The game is on sale and I'll buy somebody a copy if I haven't bought them something in the past. First come first serve, lol.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
+1:

December 30th, 2021, 16:56
One thing that I like about SCUM is the ability to find a vehicle, fix it up and then use it on loot runs to military bases. You can carry thousands of pounds of loot if you load your vehicle up with advanced crafted chests

P.S. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally killed my clone by driving too fast on country roads and playing chicken with trees or guardrails. I lose every time! However, it is hella fun playing smoosh the zombie with your red tractor or FWD pickup!
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

December 31st, 2021, 08:40
So, we just finished Eluna and the Moth campaign. We play on default difficulty so we managed to keep everyone alive. I'm quite a bit confused on ending though.

Here's question for those who finished Eluna and the Moth campaign - sorry but will tag you both @forgottenlor @Pladio

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 09:17
I've been playing the first Ace Attorney game and enjoying it quite a bit. The characters are over the top, but fun and endearing. The graphics are simple, but I like them (especially the character designs). The gameplay is simple, but it still feels like I can fail (and in fact, I have failed…twice). I have all 10, and at this point plan to keep playing them all eventually.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 12:56
Playing the pathfinder sequel, really like it so far, the demon theme is great imo. Just conquered Drezen, siege was epic . Btw no way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? who the fuck thought mmb was a great idea for that considering rmb is barely used
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

Lolozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 15:23
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
Playing the pathfinder sequel, really like it so far, the demon theme is great imo. Just conquered Drezen, siege was epic . Btw no way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? who the fuck thought mmb was a great idea for that considering rmb is barely used
I don't know about that RMB, but I'd like that too. And increased range of zoom in/out. The only mod I've seen was still using the middle mouse button, unfortunately. I guess they chose the MMB to group the features since it has the camera zoom on the wheel.

Drezen is epic indeed

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 16:08
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
So, we just finished Eluna and the Moth campaign. We play on default difficulty so we managed to keep everyone alive. I'm quite a bit confused on ending though.

Here's question for those who finished Eluna and the Moth campaign - sorry but will tag you both @forgottenlor @Pladio

Spoiler
Spoiler – My view

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

January 1st, 2022, 12:09
I interpreted it the same way Pladio does. I think all of my characters survived the battle as well.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

January 1st, 2022, 12:50
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
I interpreted it the same way Pladio does. I think all of my characters survived the battle as well.
Thanks to you both

We actually enjoyed The Enduring War more than Eluna and the Moth - the reason being:

Spoiler

Still it was enjoyable enough and we will move on to another module after a short break
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

January 1st, 2022, 18:54
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
Still playing Pathfinder: WotR as well - and commented in the Pathfinder forum about this, but just about an hour into Act II and absolutely hate the whole army & crusade management system … hopefully will get a few tips to make it less awful so I can focus on the actual RPG that I want to play, otherwise I will quit pretty fast. Crap, was really enjoying it!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

January 1st, 2022, 19:21
@porcozaur

Why don't you use the keyboard shortcuts for rotating?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2022, 11:21
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Still playing Pathfinder: WotR as well - and commented in the Pathfinder forum about this, but just about an hour into Act II and absolutely hate the whole army & crusade management system € hopefully will get a few tips to make it less awful so I can focus on the actual RPG that I want to play, otherwise I will quit pretty fast. Crap, was really enjoying it!
I dreaded the crusade system the moment I got my first non-party unit on the map, but quickly found it enjoyable. It's basically King's Bounty that you play in parallel.

Currently I'm completely immersed in the game, including the crusade system. When you level up your different stats there's lots of interesting choices to make. My vacation is almost over, which is a real pitty.

Quick tips:

Edit: moved to the tips & help thread.
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 2nd, 2022, 12:14
For me it depends where I currently am in the story (and probably the mood in general). Sometimes I find it a nice distraction, but if I want to progress or see something new but I need the crusade in order to advance, it's not always welcome.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mechanics either, there's a contrast with the rest of the game in terms of maturity and finished.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2022, 23:42
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I'm not entirely convinced by the mechanics either, there's a contrast with the rest of the game in terms of maturity and finished.
They're simplistic, but if they weren't they would be even more of a distraction from the rest of the game than they are now, and judging by player comments, that wouldn't be a good thing. Same as in Kingmaker, I like the sense of scope that the kingdom management events provide…how often in RPGs are you supposedly heading up an army (Dragon Age: Inquisition, for example), but you get no real sense of that?

The actual King's Bounty-esque battles aren't much fun and are more of a speedbump you have to navigate to get to the good stuff, but I think it's an okay trade-off. They're quick enough that I don't get bogged down in them.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

January 3rd, 2022, 23:53
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Edit: moved to the tips & help thread.
Thanks - and also to @purpleblob1 - for the tips. Still not sure, but as noted in the Pathfinder forum, I reloaded a pre-Crusade save (only lost a couple of hours) and changed difficulty to 'story mode' for the crusade stuff. Appreciate the help!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

January 4th, 2022, 15:17
I had some fun with my oculus, since I've been mostly using it for cardio.

I played the BBC published Home: Spacewalk VR demo, and it's pretty impressive. I mean I had wobbly legs a couple of times, and it scared the shit out of me sometimes. Plus the finale of the demo is really disorienting. I liked it a lot, and would love a full AAA game featuring spacewalks. I think it would be an amazing experience.

Also played a little bit of Pirate Trainer, which is basically space invaders in vr. Loads of fun also.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

January 4th, 2022, 18:18
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
Thanks to you both

We actually enjoyed The Enduring War more than Eluna and the Moth - the reason being:

Spoiler

Still it was enjoyable enough and we will move on to another module after a short break
Spoiler –

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

January 4th, 2022, 18:34
Due to the holidays and such with family, I've not had much of a chance to explore Legends of Amberland the past two weeks, yet I'm hoping to get some time in shortly. I love how the game is set up, it's like an early version of M&M games with plenty of quests to find and huge areas to explore, both outside and within. My group of seven are all around level twenty now, with some decent gear and being able to take more abuse than they could earlier.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

January 4th, 2022, 21:23
Played some more Space Pirate Trainer VR, and man I'm shocked by two things. How absolute fun it is, for having such basica mechanics. I mean, it's basically Space Invaders in VR. But it's got room-scale vr so you can dodge around enemy projectiles, while shooting the droids.

The other thing that's impresive is the sense of scale you get in VR. That's the one constant in most good VR games I've played. They all do scale properly, in that you often feel very small and little in that space. And when you finally deal with the bigger droids and spaceships they are truly impossing.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

January 4th, 2022, 21:39
I'm playing through Legendary Journeys again. The game is completable now, but the developer is still working on bug squashing and consistency with the game elements.

I've probably described LJ before, but it's basically MM6 but without real-time combat. You can only fight in turn-based mode though monsters wander about in real-time on the map. There are several weapon and magic skills and all are trainable from initiate, novice, expert and finally master. You can self train initiate and novice but will need to train for expert and master levels. There are a couple dozen skills in all. Races are human, elf, half-elf, dwarf, half-orc and a dragon/human called Khoth. Classes are fighter, cleric, mage, thief, druid, monk, bard, necromancer, death knights and paladins.

The game world is MMVII-ish in size but the dungeons aren't quite as big as MMVI; which is likely a good thing. This is a high loot world and luck definitely plays a big role in the quality of loot. No lowering luck to 1 to raise battle attributes

Game is pretty cheap too, so you get good value for your dollar. If you like turn-based blobbers with non-grid movement, you can't go wrong. This is the closest you will get to a MM game in the near future.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?