Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Search for the Main Theme - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Search for the Main Theme

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Search for the Main Theme

January 20th, 2022, 15:35
Owlcat Games explains the process of creating a musical theme.

The Search for the Main Theme

Of all the elements that make up Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, music holds a special place -- it is something that kindles the players' interest and sparks passionate discussions. We still have plenty of exciting development stories and never-before-seen content up our sleeve, so why not share some of it? Sergey Eybog, Lead Audio Engineer at Owlcat Games, and Dmitry Silantyev, composer of the main theme (along with many other tracks) for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, are here to tell you about how the main theme was born and share a few of their unreleased drafts.

Creating the main theme for Wrath of the Righteous wasn't easy and took us a long time. We went through a number of iterations that were quite different from each other, as we strove to align our ideas with those of the development team, before finally settling on the version that you can now hear in the game.

[…]
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

January 20th, 2022, 23:04
You missed a new patch announcement as well.

Update 1.1.7c

Spoiler – Patch Notes
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)

January 20th, 2022, 23:35
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
You missed a new patch announcement as well.

Update 1.1.7c
No, it looks like you missed it https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…&postcount=194

I announced a while back that I wouldn't post news about those updates unless someone wanted otherwise, I'm happy to continue.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

January 20th, 2022, 23:46
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
No, it looks like you missed it https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…&postcount=194

I announced a while back that I wouldn't post news about those updates unless someone wanted otherwise, I'm happy to continue.
Well in my defense it wasn't a news-bit.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Half Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
+1:

January 21st, 2022, 00:12
All 3 draft main theme is quite different to the release version. I definitely prefer the release version more than 3 draft versions.

Thanks for the post, enjoyed reading it, @Redglyph !
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Search for the Main Theme