Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Backer-Made Assets - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Backer-Made Assets

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Backer-Made Assets

November 3rd, 2021, 13:53
Mortismal Gaming shows the content created by backers. May contain spoilers and completely ruin your game

Pathfinder: WotR - The Kickstarter Backer Content (Quests, Items, NPCs)

loading…

More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
+1:

November 3rd, 2021, 14:41
This was pretty interesting!

I had no idea there was so much "backer content" in the game, not to mention the fact that I have aquired (and enjoyed) almost all "backer created items" as well as played "backer created quests".

I'm currently playing the quest in act5, that has obvious "Vault/Fallout" inspirations, and it'll be fun to see if I percieve it differently now after watching this video.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

November 3rd, 2021, 14:58
The video didn't seem to contain spoilers, but if one of you feel differently please let me know, and I'll put a warning above!

Originally Posted by Feist View Post
This was pretty interesting!

I had no idea there was so much "backer content" in the game, not to mention the fact that I have aquired (and enjoyed) almost all "backer created items" as well as played "backer created quests".

I'm currently playing the quest in act5, that has obvious "Vault/Fallout" inspirations, and it'll be fun to see if I percieve it differently now after watching this video.
I had no idea there were so many either. I'm not a supporter of backer content as a general rule, but apparently Owlcat gave some direction and support to avoid silly results. To some extent.

I haven't played that part yet, but I'm not convinced that everything is good. I've heard about the quest forcing TB mode, and I really don't think that's a good idea. Then, the vault-looking dungeon seems to look completely out of place, but I'll need to see for myself when I get there.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2021, 16:14
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I had no idea there were so many either. I'm not a supporter of backer content as a general rule, but apparently Owlcat gave some direction and support to avoid silly results.
Oh, so there's no Demony McDemonface?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2021, 17:00
Sorry but yes, spoilery stuff here. Especially when he starts talking about player-made quests.

Anyway, it's too bad you can't zoom in further when talking to NPCs. Most are amazingly outfitted and detailed, but they just look like sprites at about 50 meters altitude.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2021, 17:20
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Sorry but yes, spoilery stuff here. Especially when he starts talking about player-made quests.
You mean the content is shown and revealed? That's obvious from the description, but he doesn't reveal how to start or solve those quests, or does he?

I can mention that a part of the content is shown if you think it's necessary.

I agree about the zoom, I'd like to have a closer zoom in and a more distant zoom out too. Made the suggestion but I doubt they'll do it, we'll probably have to use a mod like Kingmaker's Bag of Tricks.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2021, 17:33
Hmm, Obsidian's Dungeon Siege III and the recent Fallout games are probably the only games that I can remember recently that zoom in during conversations. Could be more?
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Jaded Old-Timer

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2021, 17:34
You mean the content is shown and revealed? That's obvious from the description, but he doesn't reveal how to start or solve those quests, or does he?
I already know that I'm hiring captains to go somewhere and the name of one who goes AWOL. To me, that's a spoiler, but no need to change anything on my behalf, since my entire game is now ruined.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

November 3rd, 2021, 17:53
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Hmm, Obsidian's Dungeon Siege III and the recent Fallout games are probably the only games that I can remember recently that zoom in during conversations. Could be more?
Well, Solasta did, and got lot of flak because of it.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2021, 17:55
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
Well, Solasta did, and got lot of flak because of it.
Didn't play Solasta as I wrote the game off as it didn't click for me. Why did they get flak? Was it because the old school fans wanted the usual isometric dialogue interaction?
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Jaded Old-Timer

November 3rd, 2021, 18:48
Didn't play Solasta as I wrote the game off as it didn't click for me. Why did they get flak? Was it because the old school fans wanted the usual isometric dialogue interaction?
Because we see close-up shots of the faces, and the models aren't that pretty. It's not only more zoomed-in, it's zoomed-in to the maximum and with another angle.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2021, 18:53
Because we see close-up shots of the faces, and the models aren't that pretty. It's not only more zoomed-in, it's zoomed-in to the maximum and with another angle.
Thanks it's coming back to me. The topic was mentioned in a past news-thread but I almost forgot about it at this point. Didn't they talk about improving the models though?

Back on topic I'm also amazed the game had so much baker content.
--

Couchpotato

Jaded Old-Timer

November 3rd, 2021, 19:03
Thanks it's coming back to me. The topic was mentioned in a past news-thread but I almost forgot about it at this point. Didn't they talk about improving the models though?
As they often do, they eluded the problem. There was a first "improvement" during EA with the Spring update I think. But many complained that the faces looked even worse than before.

During a live stream, they said they would probably work further on it, but that we shouldn't expect big improvements, since they're a small studio and so on.

The excuse is valid, and honestly it's not that bad IMO, in any case I'm not expecting to see BG3-quality from a small indie dev.

But the initial decision to organize the conversations like that was a big mistake. And not only because of the models: in another stream they mentioned it was a lot of work to create those scenes. Then it will be a serious problem for user-made content as well, since it would require voice acting (or look plain ridiculous) plus creating the scene scripts on top of the dialogues.
… dialogues that must remain very short because of the nature of the interface, by the way.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2021, 20:07
I think they should have stick with the traditional way of doing the dialogs. Those close up force you to put a lot of efforts on something that add little to the game.

For the user created content, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming DLC included some way to integrate more traditional dialogs.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2021, 20:54
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
I think they should have stick with the traditional way of doing the dialogs. Those close up force you to put a lot of efforts on something that add little to the game.

For the user created content, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming DLC included some way to integrate more traditional dialogs.
That would be the way to go, and it shouldn't be too hard to add.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

+1:

November 3rd, 2021, 22:04
Let me know when someone creates a mod to remove the Codex-made quest.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
+1:

November 3rd, 2021, 22:49
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

Anyway, it's too bad you can't zoom in further when talking to NPCs. Most are amazingly outfitted and detailed, but they just look like sprites at about 50 meters altitude.
There is a camera unlock mod that allows you to zoom in - think the camera angle/zoom in opening cinametics when big bad evil shows up in prologue. I saw screenies posted using this mod and it looked so good, I'm thinking of using it myself.

Edit: I think its this one?

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinder…teous/mods/122
Last edited by purpleblob1; November 4th, 2021 at 02:40.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

November 4th, 2021, 00:56

I can mention that a part of the content is shown if you think it's necessary.

I agree about the zoom, I'd like to have a closer zoom in and a more distant zoom out too. Made the suggestion but I doubt they'll do it, we'll probably have to use a mod like Kingmaker's Bag of Tricks.
Just use Free Camera mod - that is all it does so no need to use a cheaters mod. It is the only mod I use (consistently anyhow; sometimes I use the visual adjustment mod to change portraits or something that has nothing to do with game mechanics) and been using it almost since the game came out. Very useful and nice to be able to adjust the zoom distances. Works very well.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)

November 4th, 2021, 03:18
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Just use Free Camera mod - that is all it does so no need to use a cheaters mod. It is the only mod I use (consistently anyhow; sometimes I use the visual adjustment mod to change portraits or something that has nothing to do with game mechanics) and been using it almost since the game came out. Very useful and nice to be able to adjust the zoom distances. Works very well.
My question then would be-- does it break and/or break the game after every patch?

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

November 4th, 2021, 09:14
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Let me know when someone creates a mod to remove the Codex-made quest.
Reminds me of encoders and decoders.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Backer-Made Assets