Dragon Age: Inquisition - Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware sent a new press release with information Dragon Age: Inquisition will be released on October 10th , and included a new trailer to go along with the news.

EA AND BIOWARE HERALD THE NEXT GENERATION OF RPGS WITH DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION LAUNCHING OCTOBER 10

Pre-Order now to get bonus content to help you Lead the Inquisition this Autumn

LONDON, UK – April 22, 2014 – BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), today announced that the highly-anticipated, epic role-playing game, Dragon Age™: Inquisition will be available in stores and for digital download on October 7 in North America and October 10 in Europe. In Dragon Age: Inquisition, the expansive, beautiful world of Thedas is being torn apart by a massive, mysterious breach in the sky. Players must assume the role of the Inquisitor and lead a team of legendary heroes to uncover the truth behind the impending devastation.

Discover all-new gameplay from Dragon Age: Inquisition in “The Inquisitor” trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVuKddiJLoo.

“Our goal with Dragon Age: Inquisition is to usher in the next-generation of role playing games.” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and Montreal. “Players will experience the rich storylines and characters that they’ve come to expect from BioWare, in an expansive world with large open environments just begging to be explored.”

Players can pre-order* Dragon Age: Inquisition to get special bonus content. Visit the Dragon Age website for more information on editions, including the Deluxe Edition available for pre-order and the upcoming Inquisitor’s Edition.
Become a fan of Dragon Age: Inquisition on Facebook and follow us on Twitter® via http://www.twitter.com/dragonage.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is in development at BioWare in Edmonton and will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC via Origin™. The game has not yet been rated the ESRB and PEGI; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.info for more information.
More information.

Oh no… Another chosen-one-save-the-world-from-ancientin evil story…

I gotta admit. I like that type of game. I dont want to play some deeply flawed NPC barkeep while the main story goes on around me. I want to kill the dragon, save the girl, build a castle and live happily ever after.

Give me moral choice, freedom, tough decisions, and a force of evil to overcome in creative ways.

Oh no… Another chosen-one-save-the-world-from-ancient-evil story…

To be fair, they did try something different in the last game and it was not very well received. It's not surprising that they would go with the tried and true.

I'm getting more and more excited about this one the more I see of it. I'm waiting to see more battle footage/info, but as long as it doesn't stray too far from either of the past two games, I'll likely enjoy it.

Thank you so much for this, Couchpotato. Anyway, it is good to know that we now have a release date. October 10th is a friday in October just before a major holiday here in Denmark, so guess what I'll be doing in week 42, also known as Monday the 13th to Sunday the 19th of October....

Here's a thread in the Bioware forum about the new trailer:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/502644-group-shot-and-new-trailer/

It looks like they haven't done much work on shadows around the face. Most of it looks burned in on the textures. I only saw one helm-covered face that looked naturally shadowed.

To be fair, they did try something different in the last game and it was not very well received. It's not surprising that they would go with the tried and true.

I'm getting more and more excited about this one the more I see of it. I'm waiting to see more battle footage/info, but as long as it doesn't stray too far from either of the past two games, I'll likely enjoy it.

It wasn't well received because it was bad in almost every aspect.

Also there's a long gameplay of Inquisition in youtube:
http://youtu.be/f8xJMWRI-cA

Let's see:
  • Game of the Year reviews October 6th
  • Game launches October 7th
  • Any negative feedback is drowned out by fanboys until late December/Early January
  • So, I should expect an honest, rational review on which to base a purchase by February 2015.

At least we have a time-table now!

Oh no… Another chosen-one-save-the-world-from-ancient-evil story
Hey, what can be said - hackneyed, familiar scenarios sell; just look at Project Eternity!

The game has not yet been rated the ESRB and PEGI;

Like as if there was any doubt that the game is going to be rated M.

I'm mostly interested in seeing the new class specialization in action personally. The "You are our only hope!" thing I could have lived without...it's even more ridiculous when Mark Darrah said they went with it to explore how people react to heros and savior...haven't they been doing that in like all their games since NWN????

And yes, it is maybe? a chosen one to save the world from an evil, ancient or not, again. But then, Bioware seems to telling these stories so well. And I enjoy a well-turned story. The story itself my be as old as Methusalem or Noah; the gist of the matter lies in how the story is turned i.e. told.

I can still enjoy Agatha Christie's Poirot and Miss Marple stories, even though I know how they ends. People still enjoy reading crime and detective fiction or watching it on tv and such. Even though, they know how they're going to end.
Because it lies in the characters, in the way the story is told, the plot.

If you click on the trailer, you'll notice Cassandra says that 'we call it the breach' and 'unless it is stopped, it will swallow/destroy everything'. And 'that we will restore order'. To me, this seems as if the Breach threathens the order, the very fabric of the world in the DA: universe and to me, it suggests that someone, or something, with a Great Intelligence, is behind the Breach in the Sky.

I'm in the comfortable position of not having any positive expectations where this game is concerned.

You'd think after the mess that was named Dragon Age 2, they'd just sneak this out and not even alarm anyone by making it public. Word of mouth slayed their last product, but if this one is a complete 180, perhaps it will worth the other way for them this time. I'll be waiting on several friends to bite first, lol.

Oh no… Another chosen-one-save-the-world-from-ancient-evil story…

My thoughts exactly.

And in classic Bioware fashion they chose to not fix it and throw it under the rug.

I don't care for BW games anymore and I will never give money to EA again. Pass.

Thirteen people at the Inquisition table. Who is Jesus? Who are the Apostle?

Peter: the Q'nari
John: the guy with an eye on his chest
Saul: the guy in the between.
Simon:the dwarf

Textures look like plastic.

Thirteen people at the Inquisition table. Who is Jesus? Who are the Apostle?

Peter: the Q'nari
John: the guy with an eye on his chest
Saul: the guy in the between.
Simon:the dwarf

Textures look like plastic.

Duh...I thought of 'The Last Supper' too, but I also thought 'no way are they going to be that cheesy...'. I was wrong, indeed 13 people behind that table.

Nice trailer, but kind of hard to distinguish between actual gameplay and cinematic scenes...as per usual.

Guess this will be my only pre-purchase this year (save some KSed titles) considering The Witcher 3 was delayed to 2015...

Ok, I am a cynic too, but I'll admit to being interested and even enthusiastic about this one. Not sure why, but I'm feeling good rpg vibes about this newest entry in DA.

it sure beats the daily grind of commuting, wacking off, and sleeping game.

No way DA:I beats that game. That game is being played by a billion+ people worldwide.:lol:

Seriously though I never get tired of saving the world. Especially if the alternative turns out like DA2.

I never played the second, though I enjoyed DA:O, at least until the slog through the Deep Roads in Orzammar. I did end up making it through it, but I was about ready to throw in the towel if that had continued longer than it did.

DA:I sounds interesting, but I will wait until after release to see what they say about it.

It wasn't well received because it was bad in almost every aspect.

To each their own, but I personally disagree. It was a rush-job game and they cut corners in some glaring ways, but I still had a good time playing the game. There were even a few things I enjoyed more than the first, like the smoother combat and the snarky main character (if you chose the humorous dialogue options).

My thoughts exactly.

And in classic Bioware fashion they chose to not fix it and throw it under the rug.

I don't care for BW games anymore and I will never give money to EA again. Pass.

Actually, that's not true. The DLC released was an attempt to fix a few of the problems people had, though it was too little too late. As for the base game, what sort of fixes were you expecting? A lot of the shortcomings were things like re-used environments and the wave mechanic in battles. Those aren't things that can be patched in.

And the new game seems to be addressing a lot of the issues.

Back
Top Bottom