Dragon Age 2 - Bonus Items List

I get what you're saying, rich, but the more and more I think about it, I think this has more to do with picking out every single flaw in Bioware's business practices, regardless of how puerile or ridiculous it may be to do so. If you look around, just about anything is going to come with optional equipment. How many times have you heard the phrase, "Order now and receive _____!"

I think some of us need to rein our criticism in a bit and pay more attention to whether or not we're letting our Bioware bias affect the legitimacy of our arguments.

Am voice of reason in a river of poop, heh.

Seriously, My opinion on EA/Biowares ways of DLC have nothing to do with the way i feel about them shamelessly pandering to the teenage demographic and causes me to forcefully roll my eyes during the unnecessary cartwheel sequences .I take little solace in the thought of teenagers loosing their sight from the compulsory masterbation that is sure to follow every time the protagonist performs a gratuitous somersault.

Seriously, My opinion on EA/Biowares ways of DLC have nothing to do with the way i feel about them shamelessly pandering to the teenage demographic and causes me to forcefully roll my eyes during the unnecessary cartwheel sequences .I take little solace in the thought of teenagers loosing their sight from the compulsory masterbation that is sure to follow every time the protagonist performs a gratuitous somersault.

That is apretty unnaceptable comment to throw on a forums kids can read, awesome.

You've pretty much just contradicted yourself, rich.

I thought you were playing the bestest RPG ever ??? why are you still complaining

No , I have never liked the way Bioware does DLC . I enjoyed almost all of thier games.The way they do DLC its just overboard.

I thought you were playing the bestest RPG ever ??? why are you still complaining

What? You mean I interupted you complaining? Use your head and post what you think but at least think that some people who are young may read the drivel you write. Maybe some are ok with it, but I am not.

No , I have never liked the way Bioware does DLC . I enjoyed almost all of thier games.The way they do DLC its just overboard.

I would not have expected you to be a fan of the games, based on what you've said thus far. Granted, I think the DLC is a little silly, myself, but it's not taking anything out of the main game experience (yet), nobody is forcing me to buy it, and the market supports it. When it comes right down to it, once the DLC starts obviously impacting the quality of the games, the devs will put a stop to it. It goes all the way back to Barbie and GI Joe. Shit, ME2 IS Barbie. They've got, what, 3 costume packs out, now?

All I know is that I worry that it's going to take away from the main game experience, but at the end of the day, there are other things that Bioware is doing that, I believe, are more harmful to the quality of their titles than DLC marketing.

You talk really slick for being on the internet , What are you so uptight about Rune_74, I have just as much of a right to post here as you do . Dont tell me how to post, every time u post I think of a little baby throwing a tantrum. You think everyone likes to hear you argue or disagree or correct someone elses opinion because you think your smarter than everyone else. Take a look in the mirror .

You talk really slick for being on the internet , What are you so uptight about Rune_74, I have just as much of a right to post here as you do . Dont tell me how to post, every time u post I think of a little baby throwing a tantrum. You think everyone likes to hear you argue or disagree or correct someone elses opinion because you think your smarter than everyone else. Take a look in the mirror .

Heh, thats really not what I meant. I meant using profanity or sexual referances really doesn't belong here. I may be in the minority, but I think it shouldn't be done here. I am entitled to my opinion, even if you don't like it.

Hey I could be wrong, and stuff like that is encouraged, but somehow I doubt it.

Let's not lump all DLC together... these overpowered items are stupid, as was horse armor. There is quality DLC too though, real narrative-driven stuff with new areas, new assets and long play times. Fallout 3's Point Lookout is one example.

I got the Exiled Prince DLC for free for Dragon Age 2 and it seems good so far. His voice acting is excellent.

I have said it before , I even like DA:O a lot . I thought it was great they release an expantion for it . Your right Buzzkill, there are worse things to do to an RPG than DLC . I apologize if i offended anyone with anything i have posted here . I love gaming , and i love the Watch and i enjoy reading everyones comments and opinions. Im not letting anyone ruin my favorite forum.

The first one is always free DoctorNarrative. Bethsada is a perfect example of How To Do DLC.

We've received more post reports over the last few days than in the last 6 months combined. I strongly suggest you all calm down and take a deep breath.

RPGWatch has a relatively hands-off approach to moderation. Generally. But if the situation doesn't improve we might decide to warn or ban a couple of people.

I haver never yet downloaded a DLC (unless it came with a GotY edition). So speakin just for myself, I never felt pressured to do anything by DLC, nor have I spent a single penny on it, nor have I ever felt I was playing an inferior version of a game for not having a DLC. Actual expansions are different.

Things were okay here until people began unsing "strong language":

I don't remember these things in 2007 and in 2008, for example.

I have rather the impression as if the Codex "hive mind" tries something like All Your Base Are Belong To Us with the Watch.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is actually pretty good?

They've found a sneaky way of getting dirt cheap marketing. It encourages retailers to up their efforts to sell the game a bit, it gets sites like this and forums posting up news and links to let people know about the available virtual stuff. It encourages some enthusiastic customers to actually purchase early rather than just waiting.

Who are they really screwing over with this? None of the game items are in any way essential to the experience I'd imagine. If this helps them get better sales, better cashflow and lower advertising budget then surely that's a good thing? Especially if part of their campaign also involves these various free games they do.

There's a difference between enhancing profits by lowering quality and enhancing profits by leveraging quality better. Not making any comments as to whether the quality is as good by the way, not played it yet and slightly apprehensive. I think any change in quality is quite unrelated to the free items.

Of course this is marketing. What else is it supposed to be ?

Back
Top Bottom