Lost Eidolons - Closed Beta Reveal Trailer

At first I was very skeptical about the game but I take my words back.

Consider me interested.:)

This looks cool to me but is it my imagination or did I see a quick time event in there for blocking an attack?! For a turn-based tactical game... hmmm, not sure about that.

This looks cool to me but is it my imagination or did I see a quick time event in there for blocking an attack?! For a turn-based tactical game… hmmm, not sure about that.
Don't see the problem did you play any of the PS1 or PS2 JRPG turn-based tactical games? Some had you click various buttons when you attacked. So nothing new.

God I miss playing the Front Mission games.:(

The thing that turns me down about this one is locked in narrative, no main character creation/customisation and no player agency.

Just play through the railroaded story of a railroaded protagonist that someone wrote, and I grow tired of playing other people's stories and protagonists. These days I value much more playing my own stories with my own protagonists.

It does look good, but looks aren't all in life.

I hate the quicktimes but the story seems interesting. I'll pass the beta, but have wishlisted it.

This looks cool to me but is it my imagination or did I see a quick time event in there for blocking an attack?! For a turn-based tactical game… hmmm, not sure about that.

If that's true about quick time events, it would be a huge turn off for me. Other than that, I've been looking forward to this game.

I hate the quicktimes but the story seems interesting. I'll pass the beta, but have wishlisted it.

Hey guys, dev here. The QTE is part of the training mini-game in the camp. In actual combat scenarios, there are no QTEs.

Sometimes, while sparring, the player's character that is training will be in a disadvantageous situation, so passing the QTE will offer you a chance to turn the tides instead of outright losing the spar.

Training/sparring is an activity that can help raise a character's proficiency between combat scenarios.

Hm. Those big CRITICALs flashing with the damage number inflicted in that one-on-one combat makes it look like they're playing Mortal Kombat (or any other random beat'm up).

Hm. Those big CRITICALs flashing with the damage number inflicted in that one-on-one combat makes it look like they're playing Mortal Kombat (or any other random beat'm up).

It used to be a lot more muted, haha. We went with bright, flashy numbers for crits and changed the normal damage font to a clean silver font. We also changed the animation a bit to feel like it has more impact on critical hits.

Really, we just wanted the critical hits to have a strong 'oomph' factor. It was a feedback we received back in June during Steam Next Fest's alpha test that the crits didn't feel distinguished enough with just a slo-mo pan in.

It used to be a lot more muted, haha. We went with bright, flashy numbers for crits and changed the normal damage font to a clean silver font. We also changed the animation a bit to feel like it has more impact on critical hits.

Really, we just wanted the critical hits to have a strong 'oomph' factor. It was a feedback we received back in June during Steam Next Fest's alpha test that the crits didn't feel distinguished enough with just a slo-mo pan in.

You could go the mortal kombat route and show the muscles/bone being torn in slow mo. I found that kind of cool when I saw it.

@Saintone; Will you guys be releasing another demo at some point? I seem to remember a limited-time demo on Steam earlier this year.

Maybe I'm a bit squeamish, but I wouldn't go the Mortal Kombat route. I used to like it when the violence was quite cartoonish, but these days I find it a bit too grim.

@Saintone; Will you guys be releasing another demo at some point? I seem to remember a limited-time demo on Steam earlier this year.

Between now and launch is just Closed Betas, but from each Closed Beta phase to the next we'll be increasing the amount of testers. Pretty much, as the game gets better and more robust, we want more people to try it out and weigh in, all the way up to the Early Access period early next year. I think anyone with interest in trying it out should be able to get access by the second or third beta without much issue.

Back
Top Bottom