(some) EA games back on steam - Origin access soon

• Thread starter Deleted member 18181
  • Start date
I think the last EA game I purchased was Legacy of the Ancients for the C64.

...nah probably Pirates Gold! PC. Forgot that one ;)

About time but yeah looks like you need Origin to play them still.:(

Not complaining just making a statement. It reinforces my earlier point.
Me to but I have to admit I'm a Nexus loyalist and still prefer that site.

Absolutely. I purchased a lifetime subscription from the nexus to support them but for the 5-6 mods for DA that i use a one click solution would be nice. Much like i did for D:OS.

No, EA did not add ME2 DLC on Steam. Those are still Origin exclusive and buyable only with Bioware Points scam.

This is not true. There has also been a ME2 DLC bundle on Origin for a long time already (December 2017) that is currently on sale for €9.99. You haven't really been required to buy BioWare Points for a few years already.

BTW, it's your money so do with it as you please but I would be careful about (re-)buying especially the Mass Effect titles on Steam since there are substantial rumors about a Mass Effect Remastered Collection announcement later this summer (that is the announcement, i.e. games maybe coming this fall/holiday season).

It sounds very likely to me. There is a flood of remasters currently. Mass Effect is one of EA's former lead franchises. A new generation of consoles and console gamers is standing at the ready to be introduced to Mass Effect.

It definitely sounds like something that EA would do. Maybe they'll even do the same with Dragon Age before Dragon Age 4 is coming out.

This is not true. There has also been a ME2 DLC bundle on Origin for a long time already (December 2017) that is currently on sale for €9.99. You haven't really been required to buy BioWare Points for a few years already.

BTW, it's your money so do with it as you please but I would be careful about (re-)buying especially the Mass Effect titles on Steam since there are substantial rumors about a Mass Effect Remastered Collection announcement later this summer (that is the announcement, i.e. games maybe coming this fall/holiday season).

It sounds very likely to me. There is a flood of remasters currently. Mass Effect is one of EA's former lead franchises. A new generation of consoles and console gamers is standing at the ready to be introduced to Mass Effect.

It definitely sounds like something that EA would do. Maybe they'll even do the same with Dragon Age before Dragon Age 4 is coming out.
Thanks I wasn't sure they gave up the BioWare points. As for the rumored Mass Effect Remastered Collection not really interested as there are to many nowadays.

A.K.A I'm tired of re-buying games more then once.:(

Also a new Dragon Age is in development that I know about, and some rumors going around on the internet is a new Mass Effect game is in early development as well.

So yeah Dragon Age Remaster in the future as well.

Yep. The big publishers are lining up their ducks for the next console season :) . The remasters are mostly a way to get "new meat" interested in these franchises as well as to fleece the nostalgic crowd just one more time.

I get a little irritated sometimes when remasters come out for games that are still in my humongous backlog but I know it's entirely my fault for buying the games too early.

Anyway, it looks like an all new cycle of milking franchises old and new is upon us when the new consoles arrive. The question of participation a.k.a "to which extent do I want to serve as a cow?" :biggrin: is one that, I guess, everyone just needs to answer for themselves.

Sorry for misinformation - honestly I didn't know that such bundle exists.
Maybe it wouldn't slip my attention if EA didn't kill Bioware forums thus I couldn't read about it anywhere. I just don't normally browse Origin to check if there is something new.

some games were added yesterday as well
origin access is 1$ now on origin til 29 june

ORIGIN ACCESS
Now's the Best Time to Join
Now through June 29, join Origin Access* Basic and your first month is just $0.99**! Membership lets you try new Electronic Arts titles days before release, dive into our library of great games like Need for Speed™ Heat, FIFA 20, and more, plus nab savings of 10% on all digital purchases on Origin.com.

Wish we had a down-vote button still.:mad:

Errr, why? If folks want to buy a big hunk of the Origin catalog for a subscription fee, let'm.

For his posts duh. He never shares information just the link.:p

As for subscription services pardon the pun they are a dime a dozen nowadays.:greedy:

Heads up not just a link this time but rumor going around right now is that EA games will be available on the Microsoft Game Pass as well. So pick your poison and digital service.

EA Access and Origin Access are going through a rebrand, and supposedly joining Game Pass. Just in time for FIFA to be hit with a class action lawsuit.

FIFA to be hit with a class action lawsuit
Why this isn't filmed yet? Even if fantasy, it would make a Netflix gem.

Why this isn't filmed yet? Even if fantasy, it would make a Netflix gem.
Over loot-boxes & gambling. It was mentioned a while back in your Bullshit thread.

Yes and I want to see it as a movie or series with some actress in a role of executive saying "we do think… surprise mechanics". :D
It'd become the most watched title of a month.

Back
Top Bottom