Gothic 2 Gold - Analysis

nice first comment there :lol:

Now imagine the same quest with a magical arrow pointing to the crossbow...

Still one of the most immersive games I've ever played. PB's titles are far from perfect, but no one does exploration better.

I can't wait to play the remake version of Gothic and hope THQ Nordic fund development to remake the other games as well. Yes unpopular opinion but hey don't care.

As these games despite what fanboys say haven't aged well.

I can't wait to play the remake version of Gothic and hope THQ Nordic fund development to remake the other games as well. Yes unpopular opinion but hey don't care.

As these games despite what fanboys say haven't aged well.:p

I think they certainly haven't aged well graphically. Controls-wise however, I still find Gothic 2's controls really easy. It's probably because I played Gothic as one of my first RPGs, but I like the way it works. Mechanically, it's simple, but still takes some time to grasp how to do properly.

I think they certainly haven't aged well graphically. Controls-wise however, I still find Gothic 2's controls really easy. It's probably because I played Gothic as one of my first RPGs, but I like the way it works. Mechanically, it's simple, but still takes some time to grasp how to do properly.
Control wise yes it worked but modern games have spoiled me. Still remember playing the first game that had no mouse support at all. As for graphics that's a long debate.

Still the remake wants to keep the same story but upgrade everything else.

I just noticed that the UI looks very much like in WoW. According to Wikipedia, this one was published first. Perhaps Blizzard devs were influenced by it or was it just the general spirit of looks the early 00s?

I just noticed that the UI looks very much like in WoW. According to Wikipedia, this one was published first. Perhaps Blizzard devs were influenced by it or was it just the general spirit of looks the early 00s?

UI looks like WoW? Im sorry, but I dont see any similarity.

UI looks like WoW? Im sorry, but I dont see any similarity.

Compare 0:14 to this for example https://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/WoW-Graphics-Classic-Settings-2.jpg

EDIT: Perhaps HUD is more correct term, although I never understood why is it called "heads up display". "User interface" makes more sense to me…

EDIT2: Ah, the name comes from airplanes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-up_display . Makes sense now and even less sense for computer games.

Last edited:
I love G2 but I'm really having a hard time getting it to run well on my newest PC. I've tried the usual system pack/player kit and lately Spine but nothing seems to work. I have major audio problems and it's unstable. I'll keep trying though because I really want to play it again.

I remember it quite fondly from back then. It felt more "polished", especially with the dlc, than gothic 1, but on the other hand, it was quite generic fantasy, missing the more creative setting of the first part.

Back
Top Bottom