DYSMANTLE - Early Access Release

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of the survival RPG DYSMANTLE is now available:

Welcome to the bittersweet Apocalypse

As you ascend from your shelter after the long long years, a brave new old world awaits you. A world inhabited with nasty and vile creatures. A world with no other human soul to be seen. A world with nature in reigns now. A world that's about to get even worse.

You need to find a way to escape the wretched island. But before that, enjoy the bittersweet apocalypse.

• Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. No barrier will stop you.
  • Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
  • Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
  • Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
  • Build outposts to establish your presence.
  • Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
  • Hunt dangerous game or tame them for your post-apocalyptic zoo ranch.
  • Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
  • Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
  • Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
  • Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
  • Unravel the mysteries of the strange island.

More information.

Nice little game, played the EA for about 20h. I think the map is too big though, could get boring when full content is out.

It's a nice game. They still need to do alot of content work though. Imho worth to keep on your wishlist if you are into survival games.

It's a nice game. They still need to do alot of content work though. Imho worth to keep on your wishlist if you are into survival games.

It is a nice game, even though imo the combat is ridiculous.

Can't go toe-to-toe, so ... attack ... back off ... attack ... back off ... attack
Repeat until it's dead.

A little necro maybe but I've played this long enough to give it a mini-review:

You start by climbing out of your personal shelter/man sewer once you run out of supplies. You have clothes and a crowbar. Most of you game will be smashing items and taking parts from them. Food/Water are not needed and you start in an area that is temperate, so heat and cold aren't a problem; at least at first.

Some fun mechanics are the cooking recipes. These are found in various houses as you explore. There are dozens of them and each gives a permanent buff to your character the first time you cook it. Further cookings will typically heal you. One of the goals is to find and activate cell towers. Once you've done that you can link them by using special orbs that boss zombies carry. Doing this will allow fast travel between the linked towers. I think this also stops respawning. Monsters respawn any time you camp or die. You need to camp to level your skills and so respawning is frequent. Of course, the average monster fight is about 3 seconds and most combat is trivial. The monsters also carry items that you need to improve your gear. I've been quite sick for the last week or so and this game is what I play when I'm awake and idle.

Hospital docs think Cellulitis. Joyful Christmas Got some massive antibiotics and a very painful lower left leg.

Last edited:
you need to install something on the tower to stop mobs from respawning, i forgot the name; anyway i believe the map is way too big, i was at max level and 70% was still not explored

Thanks for the review, nut. I'm surprised you didn't mention this one in your survival game thread.

Overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. I've got too much on my plate to mess with it right now, but I've wishlisted it.

I've been quite sick for the last week or so and this game is what I play when I'm awake and idle.

Hospital docs think Cellulitis. Joyful Christmas Got some massive antibiotics and a very painful lower left leg.
Wish you get well soon!

Thanks for the review, nut. I'm surprised you didn't mention this one in your survival game thread.

The main reason is that there are no real survival elements. No hunger or thirst or need to sleep, etc. There are some temperature extremes, but that's about it. It looks like a survival game but it's really a zombie killer game with tons of crafting. Food crafting for buffs and most everything else is around killing zombies or getting into places.

Back
Top Bottom